[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else went long on GBPUSD before the Bank of England news release?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: GBPUSD.jpg (78KB, 533x766px) Image search: [Google]
GBPUSD.jpg
78KB, 533x766px
Who else went long on GBPUSD before the Bank of England news release?
>>
>>2456019
>finally a non crypto related thread on /biz/

They left rates on hold amidst retail sales missing forecasts plunging 1.2% with inflation going up. The exchange rate will probably go up since the BoE may have to ease further depending on how the Brexit vote goes. So it's probably a good long term hold as well.
>>
>>2456051
Why would not increasing rates, along with inflation, lead to an increase is the Pound's value. What am I missing?
>>
>>2456051
The rate unchanged was expect. The surpise was the change in vote to hike rates.
>>
>>2456078
expected
>>
>>2456065
Oh shit I mixed them up. That's my bad.

You should probably short then. I'd say that the rates probably won't go up anytime soon unless the BoE wants any more economic instability.
>>
>>2456078
What are the long term odds of rate hikes? considering the ECB has seen an increase in inflation so far in 2017 from its NIRP policy, the BoE doesn't really have the incentive to hike rates now so it has more room to cut during a future recession, they could just send rates negative to stimulate the economy.

Inflation picking up may be concerning but UK inflation is only at 2.9%, which isn't really anything to scream about. Above 4-5% is where I'd start getting concerned, but a lot of academic Econ has proposed overshooting the inflation target.
>>
>>2456122
Trying to predict long term odds is difficult and not part of my strategy. I'm focused on intraday and intraweek moves. The 2 verticle lines in the OP pic show the news articles and time of publish that gave me the signal to go long before the news.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.