[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MUH PROFESSIONAL JUDGEMENT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Why are accountants also delusional? I'm an accountant too and I know block chain technology is going to wipe us all out. Why don't they accept it? Arrogance?

Also what are you going to do on August 1? Regards.
>>
File: castle-deepindeath_1253657706.jpg (50KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
castle-deepindeath_1253657706.jpg
50KB, 480x320px
>>2451226
Why are accountants so delusional?
>>
>>2451226
>accountants

Glorified calculators

t. underwriter ;__;
>>
>>2451226
kek I thought I would need an accountant to do all these complicated calculations on my trades to figure out my taxes. But then all I had to do was import it into bitcoin.tax and hit "calculate".
>>
>>2451226
I'm an actuary here.

I actually do have to make judgments for companies. Now, all my judgment is based on output from a proprietary software, but still. I, on a grossly simplified level, interpret and input the data from our clients into a computer program, organize the output of the program, and then make judgment calls based on what I see. I take into consideration other circumstances, whether they're political or economical or whatever, but that's a gist.

My point is that computers are already doing all the work. For accountants too.

People are hired to operate these computers and organize the data, etc., feed the data into the computer. Blockchain technology just means the technology will change but people still have to kind of monitor it, etc., and explain it to people. That's about it.

Computers ALREADY ARE doing all the work. Blockchain technology just means they'll be able to do even more work.

People will still hire accountants, probably, but the work will grow and adapt with the technology, as it always has..
>>
File: osho-copy.jpg (93KB, 650x671px) Image search: [Google]
osho-copy.jpg
93KB, 650x671px
>>2451479
You and I are going to be replaced by computers by 2030. Ray Kurzweil said so :^)
>>
Accounting is for beta's who were to timid to succeed in the world of finance. I view male accountants just like I view male nurses.
>>
Never understood this meme.

The world will still need auditors, and their IT skill will need to increase as technology evolves.
>>
>>2451648
What's the difference between accounting and finance bro? I want to be an alpha too.
>>
I went into accounting thinking it would be an easy middle of the road career, not as hardcore nerdy as engineering but still with tons jobs and an easy and secure way to earn a middle class living and upper middle class if you really pushed yourself. Turns out this is literally the worst field to go into, it's hell.

You will either be stuck in some shitty AP/AR gig making $12 an hour, or working 90 hour weeks in a CPA firm for 55k which turns out to be almost lower than minimum wage. Everyone in the field is some pretentious douchebag that thinks they are super important and not some soulless paper pusher that's going to be replaced in ten years, who literally only have their jobs in their life because they work 90 hours and the company forces them to buy into it.

Thankfully after a few years I lucked out and got a government job 40 hours making more than them full of good people with no stress or I would have killed myself by now.

Also yeah blockchain is the future I would have bought this dip if I didn't just put half my savings in a couple weeks ago and suffer a pretty big hit.
>>
>>2451740
Should have become an actuary man.

I get paid to study finance, get new certifications, and then apply it all to my personal investments.
>>
>>2451767
You probably need at least a few years at a good CPA firm to go that route...and in my area I doubt there is a need for many.
>>
>>2451226

Back when I was a sophomore in High school, some 10 years ago, Accounting was touted as being the hottest profession with mid to upper salaries. Glad I didn't fall for that meme as I was rather good at accounting and considered majoring in it in college. I took a few college courses and realized that it's boring as shit and I saw automation coming down the line, as well.

Not to say that I didn't get a meme college degree anyway, at least I enjoyed my actual major.
>>
>>2451342
I work as a developer for an insurance company. You guys are fucking screwed. Every insurance company is already implementing software for the sole purpose of doing underwriter work.
>>
>>2451740
>half my savings
now put in the other half
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.