[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is hodling a meme to make bagholders feel better, or is it a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1496853952004.jpg (453KB, 1701x2268px) Image search: [Google]
1496853952004.jpg
453KB, 1701x2268px
Is hodling a meme to make bagholders feel better, or is it a practical solution to making gainz?
>>
File: monopolymonocole.jpg (55KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
monopolymonocole.jpg
55KB, 736x552px
I bet the average age of this board is like 16
>>
>>2450142
idk buckaroo, why dont you check the charts and see for yourself

holding = profit
not holding = significantly less profit
>>
The real moonpill is to enter every trade with a PLAN. it doesn't matter if your plan is to hodl, sell at 5% gains, or whatever, as long as you have something.

Having no PLAN leads to panic buying/selling which leads to the buy high sell low meme.
>>
>>2450142
There are a lot of stories of people who didn't HODL their massive ETH or BTC stashes.

Sure they could have made 2x or even 3x profit. But if they HODL'd just a little longer, they could have made 30x profit.

Some shitcoins are not worth hodling, but top 10 coins deserve to be hodl'd.
>>
Look at Bitcoin's price in 2010 and think.
>>
>>2450142
In the long run it's almost impossible to beat. Find out how much you would be worth if you held eth from when you first started in crypto to what you actually have by trying to day trade. I bet 90% would have had more by hodling.
>>
>>2450142
people might disagree, but i think , and will continue to think, that holding is stupid. witht he rare exception of a few coins, almost EVERYTHING has gone up and then came back down again to where it was a month or so ago. it cycles over and over. it will moon and then crash.literally look at the charts and you will see this is the case with most coins. yes there are a few coins that break out, go up, and never go back down to the levels they were, but its a rarity.
>>
>>2450197

I see. But the prospect of a stratis/dgb style moon brings out the greed in me. ETH is a safe hedge and dearly wish I had more of it.

I'm 'diversified' but most of my coins have stagnated at 1.5x at best.
>>
Unless you are part of the gifted 1% you are probably better off holding. Many people will try day trading and get lucky a few times. Then they think they're geniuses and hold through a losing position until they lose all of their profits.
>>
>>2450197
When I started I fell for the day trade meme. My Mom chucked 100 bucks into eth when I told her what I was doing and she's up to 400 dollars now while I've barely made any profit trying to day trade, though I feel I've learned a lot about how the market works, how to read charts, etc so I see the money I "lost" as a learning fee. Now I'm hodling a lot longer and making way more profit.
>>
>>2450142
try it once with spare change.
forget it but set an alarm
>>
depends on the coin
shit like BURST is not something to hold
in and out
>>
>>2450909
in a bull market it works
EVERY FUCKING TIME

yobit need not apply
>>
>>2450196
>cherrypicking
>>
File: 1496709733904-biz.gif (2MB, 309x231px) Image search: [Google]
1496709733904-biz.gif
2MB, 309x231px
>>2450142
It's a meme from 2013 about a guy who was bad at daytrading. He got drunk and made a post about it and misspelled hold.

Way after that somebody painted a target around where the meme fell and came up with the hold on for dear life acronym

Nowyouknow.gif
>>
>>2450142
the price is so volatile that you're bound to break even eventually.
>>
File: 1445762626403.jpg (36KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445762626403.jpg
36KB, 300x360px
>>2450197
>>2450188
Don't remind me
>>
Holding is a meme unless it's a diversified basket. The rule is to ALWAYS CUT YOUR LOSSES.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.