[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

economically illiterate here why aren't the renewables taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 430.jpg (29KB, 680x472px) Image search: [Google]
430.jpg
29KB, 680x472px
economically illiterate here
why aren't the renewables taking off? would you invest in them?

they will take over sooner or later, r-right?
>>
>>2448395
I can speak about European renewables
tl;dr: it's a wealth redistribution scam

central planning strikes again! all renewables except hydro are so shit that Euro gov'ts had to come up with a 20% renewable power by 2020 program; this program introduced an additional tax on all electric power grid users; they provided taxpayer money grants aiding the initial construction of renewable power plants and signed long-term contracts to take funds from aforementioned additional tax to purchase the power generated at above-market-prices

facts:
-solar only works during the day and doesn't produce that much even in ideal conditions
-wind power works well in certain places with loads of wind, however their yearly average is about 1/8 of installed power (potential they would produce in ideal conditions)

hydro is god-tier, however I am pretty salty about it because I missed the train on that one and could've been the owner of a 60kW such power station that would pay for itself in 3 years and operate another 30-50, reeeeeeeee
>>
My guess is many governments across the world are pumping them with money and subsidizing their prices, causing a bubble. When the state protection inevitably comes to an end, you'll be in trouble if you invested.
The tech is too expensive still, and the produce too small
That's not to say there are no companies and techs worth investing in at all.. but keep this in mind: it's artificially made cheaper through forcing people to subsidize things they wouldn't otherwise buy
>>
>>2448718
thank you very much for the quickrundown
>>
>>2448775

As an american who paid $3 trillion to war in middle east for oil I confirm everything you buy is subsidized
>>
economically illiterate here
i made 100k off digital coins
i have no idea how this happened
that is all
>>
>>2448395
because they aren't economically feasible yet and people don't want to change their habits to make them work

anyone, right now, could buy a personal electric scooter that would suffice for objectively (there have been studies on this) 86% of all traffic

Yet they don't, and the government continues to subsidize oil and gas instead or else our economy would collapse because Marsha would have to pay 10x as much money for her commute from the suburbs to answer telephone calls at the office
>>
>>2448979
Yeah but have you actually converted any of that into cash? Asking for a friend.
>>
File: 600px-Algae_biofuel_tubes.jpg (58KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Algae_biofuel_tubes.jpg
58KB, 600x345px
They're feasible, but there's so much pushback from conservatives and fossil fuel lobbies that any place where power grids aren't nationalized and thus don't turn a profit.

Right now your best bet as an investor is algal fuel because it uses existing oil infrastructure.

>>2448718

>solar only works during the day
>wind only works when the wind blows

Power grids have storage capabilities mate. It's kind of mind bending that people really think "sun don't always shine, wind don't always blow" is some kind of checkmate.
>>
>>2449115
$2k to buy a vacation for me and my gf desu
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.