[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sears Canada - doomed to die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: whatthesears.png (278KB, 666x371px) Image search: [Google]
whatthesears.png
278KB, 666x371px
Hey /biz/, if you're a leaf, you probably heard about Sears Canada signaling significant doubt about being able to continue operations. A short while after they said that at about 8 AM, before the TSX opened they were still at $1.14, and now they're at $0.87 which amounted to 25% down. Some odd feeling tells me that I should jump in on the dip in the hopes that a repeat of Bell/BCE buying MTS/MBT happens, or a repeat of AMD's turnaround, but given that they're brick and mortar, I'm not convinced there's much hope.

Some plebbitor said IKEA might be having a look at them because they've been doing some brand surveys that mention some of Sears' brands much more detailed than other surveys they got. Help me /biz/, go big on a SCC turnaround bet, or let them die and then urbex the abandoned stores?
>>
>>2438142
most of their value was in flagships downtown stores, they've sold most of those off now

I could see the bay turning them into the new zellers

I wouldn't buy it
>>
>>2438195
What about Target in Canada 2.0? It seems unlikely given that Target would be fearful about trying again, but what fucked them was the fact that they got pwned by that CC leak right as they were doing that, which meant heads rolled in management, which meant the original vision got kind of lost. Also CADUSD was starting to shit the bed too around 2015, but things are looking good now because of a probable hike which even just the signaling of one on the way from BoC sent USDCAD up by a whole cent today. If they were to be able to learn from their mistakes that also led them to failure and try again in better conditions, then it could work, but worst case it'd probably just be an extension of life support.
>>
B-b-b-bump, I think the lack of chatter is already a sign that going "ALLAHU AKBAR" right into some shares of SCC is probably a piss poor idea.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.