[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Myriad fucking coin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: myr.png (11KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
myr.png
11KB, 150x150px
I just don't get it. Every time this coin gets mentioned on /biz/, it gets shot down. People say it's a shitcoin and it's dead, has nothing going for it, etc. Why?

> The top 2 shilled coins on /biz/ are XVG and DGB

Y'all realise these coins are forks from Myriad, right? And Myriad is the only one of these that isn't premined/instamined. And it's the cheapest. You realise premined coins have fake market caps, right?

> It's dead

Have you been to /r/myriadcoin lately? The community is far from dead and has never been. It would be more active than DigiByte's community if you filtered all the DGB "MOON" and "$1 SOON" posts.

> It has nothing going for it

Unlike DGB and XVG it has CPU mining, a wide selection of functioning wallets, block explorers, statistics pages, has payment processor support (coinpayments.net), and more development coming. DGB and XVG are just based on a bunch of bullshit: DGB gaming doesn't work, XVG is not private.
>>
Will it contribute to a lot of people?

What does it have to offer.
>>
nice try
>>
>>2436019
XVG and DGB are the biggest mysteries to me... especially DGB

why the everloving fuck would these two take off when there are coins that are way better, that have less quantity, and have better teams with better tech...
>>
>>2436126
it has 5 different algorithms, phones compete against phones, gpus against gpus, cpus, and some other shit
>>
There's been a lot of accumulation at these levels. I can see it going back to 200+ quite easily, not sure how much further than that though
>>
File: 1496156244997_edit.jpg (99KB, 648x666px) Image search: [Google]
1496156244997_edit.jpg
99KB, 648x666px
>>2436384
Do you have a link to their whitepaper?
>>
>>2436276

Like what?
>>
>>2436126
What does it have to offer? Well...

With Bitcoin you've got a situation where 5 Chinese dudes who run pools/mining farms/connected to ASIC fabs and control 80% of the hash rate, went into a room with some members of Blockstream and signed an agreement not to scale Bitcoin, nearly 2 years ago. Since then Bitcoin has failed to scale.

People have long argued that sha256 ASICs will eventually become so refined that their rate of improvement will drop down to Moore's laws levels, and they will become widely commoditized, with people choosing to use Bitcoin ASICs to heat their fish tanks or something like that. While I do believe and hope that this is possible, it's basically just speculation and theory. Even if it will happen, there's no sign of it happening yet. In the meantime Bitcoin is centralized and failing to scale.

Litecoin was the first coin that seriously tried to tackle this (Ok, Tenebrix, technically). But Litecoin basically was a weak argument. Then came Vertcoin, with their "we'll just keep forking off the ASICs argument", which I also don't buy. Then we had the cryptonite coins like Monero which is pretty interesting but I don't think the argument stands on its own: even with the memory hardness, it's still possible to build ASICs for cryptonite. They would not have as much of an efficiency advantage as sha ASICs, but they would still use less electricity. They would also be a lot more expensive to fab in the first place, which would increase centralization as the first to market will be the only one who could afford to drive out all the CPU/GPU miners. Then we got dagger-hashimoto and equihash coins, which make a pretty solid case for continuing GPU mining. Though they're still dominated by GPU farms in China, so I'm not convinced GPU-only is the way to go.

Myriad with its multi-algo design is the only coin that has a serious answer to mining centralization and isn't a scam.
>>
File: reimu-hakurei-12.png (788KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reimu-hakurei-12.png
788KB, 1080x1080px
Hello myriad fag. Last time we spoke was when DGB was 100 sats.

First off, DGB was never meant to be
>le gaming coin XD
Minecraft is one of the many fan creations that the Digibyte team encourages.

The actual reason why DGB is successful is because of microtranscations, good security, and MARKETING. Seriously, DGB actually puts out an effort to make it a currency. The team or fans try as hard as possible to be able to one day purchase items with DGB, and market it out by cool mining niches. DGB takes the effort to enter contests and meet with government and business leaders to spread the coin around. DGB gives back to the community by stating that, YOU, anyone who has good coding knowledge is allowed to contribute to the coin and be payed for it

Also, all this shit about DGB being premined is a FUD. Why would it even matter? People can still premined. You somehow have this tinfoil hat belief that Jared owns all the coins and can dump it at will.

You are only mad that the reality is that DGB has just as good technological capabilities as Myriad, or even better, and that the only reason it hasn't mooned is because you never tried to hard to put the coin the used or to spread it, and instead, you are going to attack a fanmade section of Digibytes: digibyte gaming, which is again, created by the fans.

Fug u
>>
>>2436633
> The actual reason why DGB is successful is because of microtranscations, good security,

Well, yeah. It got that from Myriad.

> cool mining niches

From Myriad... except DGB has Qubit ASICs which no-one owns except a few Chinese guys. Very niche.

> MARKETING, DGB takes the effort to enter contests and meet with government and business leaders to spread the coin around.

So DGB has a guy named Jared who shows up to conferences and talks about how great his multi-algo coin is. But he never mentions Myriad, or the fact that DGB is premined.

> Also, all this shit about DGB being premined is a FUD.

It's not.

DGB was premined 0.5%. After launch, first halving was scheduled after 2 weeks. A month later the devs did a hard fork to halve the rewards again. In August '14 they forked over to Myriad's multi-algo, 'accidentally' doubled the rewards, crashing the price. Two months later, they forked to cut the rewards again... by 3x. Then they announced a 250k USD investment sum.

> you never tried to hard to put the coin the used or to spread it, and instead, you are going to attack a fanmade section of Digibytes: digibyte gaming, which is again, created by the fans.

If the gaming is fan made, then what the hell did DigiByte team actually do? Copy Myriad and then...? Why are fans happy to donate their efforts to this coin and let the preminers profit?
>>
>>2436441
kek'd and saved
>>
File: 1496242743015.jpg (101KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496242743015.jpg
101KB, 724x1024px
>>2436460
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I know, this will be a long term investment.
>>
>>2436019
>being this mad as a bagholder
>>
How is it that I'm at page 10 now. Hardly anyone bites. Yet DGB and XVG have 5 threads each with scores of MOON comments?
>>
I did buy some. I am testing this as a week long gamble hoping for a x3 roi
>>
>>2438838
Good luck
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.