[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soliciting for Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: 1497239967333.gif (134KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
1497239967333.gif
134KB, 393x393px
/biz/, I have an interesting situation on my hands.

> Be in military academy, junior year, but dropping out
> Academy gives out "career starter loans" to juniors to help them prepare for life as an officer in two years
> $36,000 at 0.75% annual interest
> Took loan before I knew I wanted to drop out
> Still have loan sitting in bank account with 0.75% rate, breaking even, haven't spent a dime of it
> Payments officially begin September of 2018
> Contract with USAA requires being in the military to keep the 0.75% rate, otherwise goes up to 20%
> Sees massive potential in ETH and cryptomarket
> Has ~ $8,000 of physical silver saved from years as a cadet
> Only net worth is silver position, with some $1.5K in cash
> By dropping out, loan interest rate might go up to 20% shortly after leaving, or maybe USAA doesn't find out until September 2018
> Could potentially make thousands of dollars in cryptomarket and withdraw contribution later to pay off the loan if/when they change my rate
> Risk a crash in volatile market and be completely fucked with thousands of debt at 20% interest
> Any modest growth with $36K investment would set me up like a king, at which point I could withdraw my contribution and be safe to pay back the loan in full

What do? The maximum amount I could safely leverage from my loan money is around $7-$8K because of my silver as collateral. But the potential gains from $36K investment sounds so enticing, but so risky. I would be totally fucked if the market crashed.

How much should I invest of the loan? $8K? All of it? None?
>>
>>2432383
that's a 100% gamble bro, hard to say
safe bet: sell half of silver and put that into shitcoins
ballsdeep: sell everything buy BTC/ETH

(it's not said here anymore but rule of thumb used to be "don't invest it if you aren't able/ready to lose it")
>>
File: 1497159927151.jpg (93KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497159927151.jpg
93KB, 1000x500px
>>2432423
I wouldn't have to sell the silver unless the markets crashed and I needed to afford to pay off my loan in full (i.e. if the rate went up). But yeah atm I'm considering your ballsdeep approach, going in for $8K (max that I can leverage with my own hard assets)
>>
Trust me bro this market isn't going anywhere for awhile I'd dump all of it (or that 7-8k if you want to play it safe) into virtually any of the current top 5 big coins, and it's almost guaranteed to grow at least enough to pay off the initial loan interest and then some (within a short time mind you). ETH itself may be due for some correction right now due to the recent price surge but as long as you HOLD it and don't sell on the constant ups/downs this market has, you should be fine. It's a risk but then again as you know anything in life is. Worst case scenario is you have 36k in debt (HIGHLY unlikely to lose ALL OF IT on crypto) vs literally driving a lambo, it's your call.

Respect.
>>
>>2432383
Spread it all evenly into the next ETH's
>LSK
>ARDR
>>
File: cheers-839865_1280.jpg (255KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
cheers-839865_1280.jpg
255KB, 1280x853px
>>2432573
This is secretly what I wanted to hear. Thanks anon.
>>
shameless bump
>>
>>2432383
Don't do what these retards say, you'll hurt yourself.
>>
>>2432622
do NOT buy eth, especially not right now... What is going to happen to the market once Bancor starts selling their Eth into USD?

BTC is down a lot, so its a better bet.
I'd do this:
50% BTC
40% Quality altcons (especially iota, that kind)
10% shit altcoins (esp, bean, ldoge, mooncoin)

Hold the 90%, for the shit, set a sell order for half that will execute once it doubles.
>>
>>2432383
$8k. Majority in ETH, less in BTC, the rest in altcoins. Research yourself what alt coins to jump into. Hold with strong hands, never sell at a loss. This markets dips and jumps so don't be scared when your investment is down 30%.
>>
>>2433036
>what is going to happen
LMAO that already did, with that drip from 400 to 350 the day the ICO ended
>>
File: DGBinfo.png (354KB, 1886x863px) Image search: [Google]
DGBinfo.png
354KB, 1886x863px
Ignore the anons telling you to put it into ETH. They already have 500k from ETH, so unless you have that amount, youll just be feeding them, so they can dump it on you; prolonging debt.

MEANWHILE, you could put that into DGB and make a profit
>>
File: 1497254424568.jpg (337KB, 2048x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1497254424568.jpg
337KB, 2048x1256px
>>2433146
>>2433070
>>2433036

You guys have given me a lot to think about. Thank you for your input.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.