[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin is the only currency with actual value

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Bitcoin-merchants.jpg (73KB, 931x542px) Image search: [Google]
Bitcoin-merchants.jpg
73KB, 931x542px
Hey /biz/ tell me which cryptocoins I can actually use and that aren't just purely for speculation and investing. Like, I want to be able to actually buy shit. As far as I know, it's only Bitcoin that is accepted all over the place, and has actual value if you want to buy shit with it and use it like an actual currency and not just an investment. It doesn't matter what technical advantages the other currencies have, bitcoin I can actually buy my BDSM slave from the cartels with, or buy a computer from dell, or buy anything else I want. All the other currencies, you'd have to convert them first to bitcoin or cash before you could actually use them.
>>
Every coin that isn't bitcoin is a scam.
>>
>>2432209
dell and newegg don't even take bitcoin anymore lol
>>
>>2432703
They fucked up.
>>
>>2432209
Not only that but click on just about any coin out there and you can see a big value jump over the last few months to where tons of coins have tripled value or more. For example ether which is skyrocketing to 400x its value but nothing has changed in the intrinsic value of the coin in that time and there are no apps to even use it. Pretty much every single coin is like that right now.

At least bitcoin somewhat functions like a currency but very unreliably because goods cost significantly different amounts of bitcoin depending on what month you buy. And no telling why it got pumped so high along with all the other coins recently when it is headed for a hard fork.

Everything is overvalued as fuck. Shills on biz make you think you can get rich quick but its literally like playing roulette
>>
Every altcoin is not trying to be a currency. Ethereum for example is definitely being used in practice, and the projects built on it has enormous potential. Distributed computing, VPNs, markets, organizations, licensing, authentication, etc, all of these ethereum can do far better than bitcoin, if bitcoin can even do it at all.
>>
>>2433010
Although I agree with the technical uses of ether, it couldnt function as a currency with its high gas prices.

That's where something like bitcoin, litecoin, dgb, or other currencies will take over.
>>
>>2433074
When their congestion is the same, the gas fee for ethereum is not higher than that of bitcoin.
>>
>>2432209
monero
>>
>>2433010
Yeah but how has any of that changed in the last couple months? Its potential is still just potential, no different than before... What justifies such a huge jump? And its not just ether, pretty much all coins have jumped over the same timescale. How am I as a poorfag supposed to feel comfortable investing in anything right now when all the decent coins are at their highs?
>>
bitcoin won't have value for long either

blockchain tech is the real value, nobody needs $3000 coins made by who knows

any cryptocuck on here trying to rationalize this away just needs fresh investors or the whole thing will unravel
>>
>>2432209
LTC
>>
>>2433539
There has been a lot of developments on ethereum itself, and also projects on it like golem, mysterium, aragon, augur, bancor etc. And also as a currency it has also seen progress, for example now it is accepted at many dark net markets, and huge chinese exchanges.

But you are right that that doesn't account for all the sudden rise, but I think the rise is partly a correction. It might be overvalued now, but before the rise began I firmly believe it was undervalued. IMO long term ethereum has more potential than bitcoin, as it can do more than just being a currency. And yet its market cap was just a tiny fraction of bitcoins. And still now bitcoin is bigger.

As for why you should feel comfortable investing at this point, you shouldn't. There's no denying that it's very possible that short term the price is going down. I have already sold a portion of my stack and I would sell more if not for the fact that if I do I'll pay a shit ton in taxes, it's better for me to hope that the price will be at a similar level or higher, next year.
>>
>>2432654
/Thread

You can delete 99% of /biz/ threads now

"Some people have to learn the hard way" -Apollo Creed
>>
>>2432209
This argument used to mainly come from nocoiners fiat v btc
>>
>>2433943
Thanks for answering without calling me a faggot. I like ethereum too long term but I'm not sure I can stomach going in right now and potentially watching it sink like a rock. It seems like lots of coins are riding this recent wave. I pretty much would have no choice but to hold tight and hope it comes back years later
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.