[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need a green card? How to get it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: roughnecks.jpg (116KB, 931x622px) Image search: [Google]
roughnecks.jpg
116KB, 931x622px
Ok, so I want to work on an oil rig in the USA and I've found a few places to apply to but I'm from Finland so this means I need a green card? I have a rough idea of what the green card is, but I'm not sure. How do I get it? Is it hard to get?
>>
>>2424646
bump
>>
Maybe ask /int/?

The people here know nothing about getting jobs... that's why they're on biz
>>
>>2424646
Just get a work visa, a green card need time spent living there air luck.
>>
>>2424646
https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Yes this is actually a thing. Be carefull though finbro, if you apply say goodbye to going in as a regular turist
>>
>>2424646
do you have any experience as an oil rigger? i didnt realise finland had any oil
>>
>>2424832
that's irrelevant. I just need to know how to get the permit to work in US
>>
Stop making this thread and start talking to the oil rig companies, anon. Jesus.
>>
File: 1476705178161.png (106KB, 512x511px) Image search: [Google]
1476705178161.png
106KB, 512x511px
>>2424832
>that's irrelevant

rofl

they will hire a local over you who has experience, why would they go through the hassle of sponsoring your visa?
>>
>>2424821
>https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/
This a joke right?
>>
>>2424840
Oil companies would rather hire experienced hands now. There's enough of them around. This isn't the oil industry of a few years ago
>>
>>2424923
I've seen Armageddon enough times to know that if you're cool and quirky enough you're in.
>>
File: 1385899146740.png (114KB, 840x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1385899146740.png
114KB, 840x1053px
You don't need green card, you need a SPECIFICATION.
If you are not best on the planet in something you can go suck your small yellow asian dick.
If you want to work with oil in USA you would have to be and underwater welder or something like that.
There are plenty americans ready to work normal oil jobs.
>>
Did you see the latest Ryan Gosling video ? Song to Song - And decide now to become more of a man if you worked in an oil rig?
>>
>>2424646
Why would you want to move from one of the best countries in the world, to work at a fucking oil rig in the US?
>>
>>2424923
>>2424875

Actually, most field companies have exhausted their rehires. Most have found other employment hence their not coming back. Costs are down and hence is cheap as fuck to produce oil, well cheaper than it used to be.

>>2425132
You can make a fucktonne of money as a rigger. You work your ass off though, 12+ hour days, physical labor, all weathers, poor safety personal safety standards and harzardous conditions.. There's a good show called Black Gold which details life on a independent rig. Plus Youtube is full of videos of oil rig fuck ups.
>>
>>2425248
>ref: black gold
this beta has never thrown slips. you will not get a job in the american field - and if youre posting on biz you are not cut out for it
ps to cucks in thread: no one calls a hand a "rigger"
t. rig hand circa 2008
>>
>>2425331
did you get rigger rich working that job?
>>
>>2425331
Nice of you to help
>>
File: very extremely much rare.jpg (107KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
very extremely much rare.jpg
107KB, 600x900px
I'm a process operator, does that help? Only I'm from Binland too. Can I come too guise, how to oil rig in Murica?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.