[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever lost money in an ICO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: iStock_000015064502_Small.jpg (706KB, 851x564px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000015064502_Small.jpg
706KB, 851x564px
>>
>>2424178
Unless it's a scam project. You can't lose on ICO as long as you hold. Because those hundred million dollar project have personal whales that they know. Of course they are going to make sure the whales can exit. The whales are their friends/angel investor after all. Like even if original developer leave project, the whales will have someone take over. They NEED to exit at that point. So yeah it's a you can't lose game on hundred million dollar icos.

The only thing is how long you are willing to hold. Sometimes project goes underwater for a few months/years to shake out the weak hands before it break up to 2 to 10x. Whales have time to wait, question is do you
>>
Bump. I want to know this as well
>>
>>2424321
Thank you
>>
>>2424321
For hundred million dollar ICOs, it's safer but the reward is lesser compare to million dollar ones. For example, Strat got a few million and their coin ended up getting 1000x. Then you have RISE, who got one million and their project went to shit. It's coming back online though with new developers. They waste a year of doing nothing.Or that was their plan in the first place, Purposely let their coin die for a year to get rid all the weak hands and now their coin more than 10x within a month. Went from 200 sat to 3000. That's how scammy some ICO are. Then you have WAVES got 36million, it starts really slow. went below ICO price for a few months and price slowly goes up because developer keep working on it.

So yeah. Do your research on the team behind it. I try to not buy the maximum hype ICO like bancor, mobilego because the return aren't there. If they have hundred million dollarrs from the ICO, their coins worth a lot already. At most it can go is probably a few x 1st year. You can go for a riskier ICO and get 10 to 20x. The best way to approach the hundred million dollar ICO is to buy on 1st day it hit exchange. Because there will be dumpers and it'll likely to go below ICO price. Most people went into ICO dump on 1st day to get a quick 2x.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.