[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Difference between ICO and IPO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: buzness.png (9KB, 481x435px) Image search: [Google]
buzness.png
9KB, 481x435px
Hello Anons!

I just want to give you all a brief overview on the difference between IPOs and ICOs. I feel like I'm in a position in which I can understand the difference between the two, I am the CTO of a biotech company currently seeking funds through a series A.
First and foremost: ICOs ARE NOT LIKE IPOs. A better comparison to make is comparing ICOs to angel investments.

Here's the reason:
IPOs are offered to the public AFTER a product has been made and profit has begun to be generated. IPOs are product based and profit driven.
ICOs, on the other hand, are more like angel investments. In most cases, ICOs consist of developers stating what they WILL do, not what they have ALREADY done. Therefore, when you purchase into an ICO, you are purchasing into an idea not yet formed into a product. Inherently, it is much more risky to do this, however, with risk comes reward. But this is just a PSA for those of you who quickly associate ICOs with IPOs when in reality ICOs are more like angel investments which are extremely risky but have the potential to pay off 100s of times more.

>inb4 whogivesafuck lets make money XD
Yea, most people are making lots of money right now. But this is for people who won't understand why 99% of the ICOs they purchased into are worthless within 3 years
>>
>>2423602
i buy NGRs. because i like the name.
>>
Thanks for the solid write up OP
>>
>>2423602
>CTO of a biotech company
You bought some Niggers on Waves already?
>>
Where do you guys buy youre bitcoin/ether?

Been trying different brokers cex.io, coinbase, and they're all doodoo
>>
>>2423645
kek you caught me XD
>>
>>2423608
beat me to it
I'm sitting on 1488 niggers
>>
Aren't IPO's taxed differently as well? And, On the side of actually starting an ICO vs IPO, ICO is far more clear cut and easy to get up legally speaking than an IPO? ICO being preferred as well due to lack of regulation?
>>
>>2423674
The point is, is that the two are not very comparable as ICOs are much closer to angel investment than they are to IPOs
>>
>>2423648

I actually bought mine off virwox, it was the only option for someone from my country a couple of years ago. Fees might be insane, I can't remember/never looked again
>>
Also in IPOs you can't dump the stock as soon as it hits the market either right?
>>
What's the deal with burgers being prohibited from taking part in ICOs?
>>
>>2423700
Usually, IPOs are priced slightly under or at the companies priced value. This way, everyone makes money. It's not like cryptos where you're looking at 1000%. More like 5-10% which is insane for 1 day. IPOs - you're actually paying market price (or a bit under) for the stock of a company
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.