[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shorting s&p 500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

There's been lots of talk lately of a coming recession. Good idea to short s&p 500?
>>
File: 1495403389799.gif (821KB, 250x189px)
1495403389799.gif
821KB, 250x189px
what could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>2419171
Just short eth.
>>
>>2419171
This is a cryptocoin board now. Fuck off with your stock shit.
>>
>>2419171
I mean, you could.
>>
>>2419171
The next big "recession" will be when big money playters and ivestment funds in the Billions/Trillions of $$ divest into Crypto Currencies because of failing prevailing
macro economic theory and practices. Mark my words. One day, a fund will be the last straw to break the camels back and current markets will basically dissapear to be replaced by Crypto. 10-20 years from now, max.
>>
File: file.png (7KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
7KB, 560x420px
but it's not even overvalued, it's just dolar devaluation
>>
>>2419171
the stock market has nothing to do with the economy

the majority of the US economy has been stagnant, tepid, recessionary for years, but AMZN and GOOG don't give a fuck about that.
>>
If the new tax plan doesn't go through, short. The market is up on the expectation that it will pass.
>>
>>2419261
>stock market replaced by crypto

This may be the most retarded thing I've ever seen on 4chan.
>>
>>2420275
>>2419306
>>2419171
what do you guys think about buying a strangle on stuff like IYG or other bond etfs? long term obviously, but it's pretty cheap premium wise
>>
>>2419171
>short s&p
and how do you plan to do that? going long on an inverse ETF? have fun losing all your gains to fees for the jews thats run it (best case scenario)
>>
>>2420329
why not? Why couldn't tokens replace "shares" and be traded through a blocknet? It would eliminate the need for brokers and all the other middlemen involved in stock trading, and since they're programmable the tokens could be automatically allocated or traded based on conditions, token owners could vote, etc. It could replace all the functionality of stocks but with greater efficiency and cut out all the middlemen skimming
>>
>>2420365
Zero fee trading already exists. It literally provides no benefit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.