[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age should you begin investing? I was talking to this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 71b3ff0e84c19f7a.crop.jpg (108KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
71b3ff0e84c19f7a.crop.jpg
108KB, 712x534px
At what age should you begin investing?
I was talking to this old dude at my work, net worth 2 mil. Never had a 401k or ira. He began vanguard mutual funds at 20 and already worth more than a mil by 30. Should save to save or save to invest?
>>
>>2414770
If you like your .15% interest rates, then save to save and lose value due to inflation.
If you have a brain, then it's best to start as early as you can.
>>
>>2414770
The faster you start the faster you'll get there.
>>
>>2414804
Best to start investing*
>>
>>2414770
Everyone says the earlier the better. But really the answer is different for everyone.

If you've got substantial savings and are willing to invest an amount that you can comfortably lose, go for it.

Oh and you can hold mutual funds in a 401k or IRA, it's just the amounts you put in are capped. If you have an employer matched 401k, not participating in that is like losing out on free money.

Generally, passive investing (buy and hold low cost mutual funds) is a smart way to invest, although getting to millionaire status in only 10 years seems like a dubious claim unless they guy was throwing in tens of thousands of dollars every month.
>>
whats the pic, looks delicious
>>
>>2414770
once you make over 70k a year for yourself then you should start investing. otherwise it's sort of a pointless savings account. if you don't have the skills to foresee 5-10% growth, you should probably invest in yourself properly first so your career earns you a stable income.

also our economy has been amazing lately.
>>
>>2414879
sweet and sour chihuahua
>>
>>2414848
>invest an amount that you can comfortably lose

That's called speculation, not investing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.