[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Proof Of Stake Calculation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: dcr.jpg (12KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
dcr.jpg
12KB, 512x512px
How is proof of stake calculated in this case?
>>
lol you seriously come to /biz/ to ask this?

average PoS ROI per month (%) = (stake reward per voted ticket (DCR) - ticket fee (DCR/kb) /2) / ticket price (DCR)

average annualized PoS ROI (%) = (1 + average PoS ROI per month (%)) ^ (365 / average number of days to get ticket to vote (integer)) - 1

now assign these variables the following values:

stake reward per voted ticket (DCR) = 1.503
average number of days to get ticket to vote = 30

ticket fee (DCR/kb) = x
ticket price (DCR) = y
>>
>>2396576
You're one learned faggot.
>>
>>2396576
Senpai killt it wif duh maffamatix
>>
>>2396576
Only place I could think to ask and get non retarded answer

Is (DCR/kb) / 2 / ticket price (in dcr) the ticket fee?

How do you figure out stake reward per voted ticket and average num of days to get ticket to vote. Is there a real-time feed out of this information anywhere?
>>
File: IMG_3520.jpg (85KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3520.jpg
85KB, 584x800px
>>2396576
>tfw this is literally how I feel atm

Wow ur smart anon
>>
File: 1497173196106.jpg (36KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1497173196106.jpg
36KB, 655x527px
>>2396979
>Is "(DCR/kb) / 2 / ticket price" (in dcr) the ticket fee?
(DCR/kb) / 2 is the fee. You divide the reward minus tx fee with the ticket price which adjusts dynamically to keep the ticket pool size near its target.

>Is there a real-time feed out of this information anywhere?
posmaster.info
stats.decred.org
dcrstats.com
>>
>>2396979

ticket fee (DCR/kb) is the ticket fee per kb.

ticket fee (DCR/kb) / 2 is roughly the ticket fee per transaction (if you use pool staking)

you set the ticket fee yourself obviously
I use https://stats.decred.org/ to find out stake reward per voted ticket.

average number of days to get ticket to vote (=k) you get by calculating:

probability to get one ticket to vote in 24 hours (let's call this lambda) = # blocks mined per day x 5 (because 5 tickets vote on every block) / average number of live tickets at any time

# blocks mined per day = 1440 minutes / average block time

average block time = 5 min
average number of given live tickets at any time = ~44,000

now that you have calculated lambda you can get average number of days to get ticket to vote (=k) by

solving for k in this formula:

P(getting ticket to vote) = (lambda + 1) ^ k

where P = 50%

add two days to k to get the real world number because it takes about 1 day to get your ticket live from immature status and about 1 day for your DCR to be spendable again after you voted
>>
>>2396576
gib me some brain power. what coins are u heavily invested in atm
>>
>>2397771

Decred and Swarm City
>>
>>2397759
Holy fuck I'm retarded. Thanks for the info anon. I don't get it 100% but according to PoS master you're only looking at a 1%~ return a month.
>>
>>2397856

it's closer to 2.5 - 3.0%
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.