[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lobbying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1494707028927.png (211KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494707028927.png
211KB, 1280x640px
Would a Masters in Public Policy be worthwhile in order to become a lobbyist? Like is it a relevant qualification to have? Thanks in advance fellas
>>
Yes, lobbyists have both direct and indirect influence on public policy. An actual degree in Public Policy or Administration would certainly give you relevant knowledge.
However, I don't know what your intentions are, Diana. I can't help you more if I don't know any specifics.
>>
>>2391472
Well I'm coming up to the end of my Bachelor in Political Science and I'm wondering whether to do an MPP. The University of Tokyo does a Public Policy Masters in English and I really love the idea of moving to Japan, because I've been there a couple of times and loved it. I was just worried about whether or not it would be a waste of time, and whether Public Policy was a reputable degree to get in order to go into lobbying or public affairs. That's the long and short of it anyway, thanks for your reply.
>>
>>2391645
I think there's definitely an opportunity. I can't say much as I only have extensive political knowledge related to the USA, but I would expect it to be quite relevant to lobbying in Japan as well.
If you feel economically free, then why not take the chance? Make the most out of your stay in Japan as well, if you decide to move there. If the stay is worth it, then there is no chance for it to be a waste of time, if you ask me.
Are you fluent in Japanese?
>>
>>2392386
I wouldn't say I'm fluent, no, but I've reached a level I could hold a conversation with people, and there are Japanese classes for international students there. Might be quite difficult at first but I think I could adapt. But you're right yeah, I'm almost certain I'll enjoy my time. Even more, it costs ¥520,000 pa, which is £3,270, which is significantly cheaper than a British Masters, even for a domestic student (albeit without the governmental student loans). More and more I think this is a good idea, I think I'm going to apply.
>>
Get your Masters in Public Administration.
>>
>>2392737
They don't offer that man, why, is that a more useful degree?
>>
>>2392838

It's what the Bill Clinton school offers, along with a program in which you can concurrently get your Law Degree.
>>
>>2392737
This is something I mentioned. It could possibly have a lot more opportunities, but if the University of Tokyo doesn't offer it, then I wouldn't worry about it.
>>2392726
It's good that you can speak a good amount, you'll become fluent if you move there. Living in the country that speaks the language is really useful for learning it.
That does sound very affordable as well. I'd go for it.
Good luck friend.
>>
I spent over a decade with a lobbying outfit. All of the lobbyists had a J.D.. Not a single one had a MPP. Use this info however you wish.
>>
>>2392950
Yeah thanks man, I think I will
>>2392990
Perhaps that was just the hiring policy of that particular outfit? Either way, I'll take that into account, thanks man
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.