[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BIO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Which companies works with creating organs and gene manipulation etc?

I think we'll see a breakthrough in this area in not too long and I'm considering investing.

Is this a good idea or am I too late to the party?
>>
>>2391257
Here's some stuff to read/look-up:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/532796/who-owns-the-biggest-biotech-discovery-of-the-century/

>crispr therapeutics
>caribou biosciences
>Editas Medicine

https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/13/15278478/crispr-gene-editing-tool-patent-dispute-appeal-ucb-mit-broad

http://www.nature.com/news/why-the-crispr-patent-verdict-isn-t-the-end-of-the-story-1.21510
>>
I will. Thanks!
>>
CVM.
>>
No joke. Tomorrow I expect the first good news after 3 decades of disappointments. I expect the company to move from pre-revenue to post.
>>
Or you get get you PhD-MD and ride the wave firsthand instead of hoping that your third-hand money will do the trick.
>>
>>2392739
Thanks

>>2392785
Great idea, I just applied to med school
>>
>>2392980
stop trading memecoins
t. fourth year med student who has exams in 2 days and spent his last month trading cryptos
at least I made 8 monthly doctor's salaries
>>
>>2391257
anything with CRISPR is bad right now. you might be able to make money investing but don't go long on anything.

playing with biotech stocks is more about politics than "breakthroughs." literally every asshole with a PHD in the industry will say their research is breakthrough science. before we see anything good from private companies or institutions, it's not really worth paying attention to anyway. if you don't have an informational advantage, just invest in suppliers like Fisher, 3M, merck, etc.

before we can do personalized medicine, we need a fuck load of data. take a good look at bioinformatics focused startups and big companies that do cloud services.
>>
>>2393244
I'm just a random anon but that was very informative, thank you
>>
>>2393244

This. Every company claims to have the next great breakthrough but it's extremely unpredictable and depends a lot on politics. and healthcare funding laws.

That said I do have some stock in a biotech / pharma startup that would make me a nifty profit if I sold it right now. Nothing like crypto though.
>>
>>2391257
Will they fix my autism?
>>
>>2391257
But will they fix my autism and cure the Jews of their turkroach Arabian genes?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.