[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cloud storage, Sia and Storj?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: siaa.png (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
siaa.png
12KB, 250x250px
I've been a fan of Storj for a long time because I like the cloud storage idea they have. Today when I was looking around on the net, I found out about SiaCoin, and they seem to have a more thought trough solution for the cloud storage with fixed contracts between renter and hoster, more user friendly prices and UI?

StorJ is good and I'm hodling, but Siacoin is very cheap at the moment and possibly undervalued, I'm thinking that it could be worth an investment? What are your thoughts about Siacoin?
>>
Glad you stumbled upon SIA, it's the best between SIA, Storj and Maid. Here's a discord for the coin: https://discord.gg/bgYvveV
The white paper and slack are linked in there, please check those out as well. Everyone interested in SIA is welcome to come on in.
>>
Thank you, I will surely have a look on the slack channel. I will get the discord too
>>
Serious question: What is Sia's endgame? How do you think it will be successfull?
Just read about it for a few minutes and it seems like the idea is that other people "rent" your free disk space. But I really don't see businesses putting their heaps of sensible data on unreliable neckbeard HDDs; they'd rather continue using the established could storage businesses.
Or is Sia going to be super cheap in comparison?
Are they targetting normie could storage needs, like dropbox instead?

Sell this shit to me and I will throw a btc at it.
Bonus question: does this even have much room for growth? It's already very high up in the coinmarketcap list. I wanna make x100 gainz.
>>
>>2371212
When someone buys storage it's spread across many hosts and the full data can be recovered even if 60% of the hosts go down, so I've read.
>>
>>2371212
>Sia's endgame
disrupt the cloud storage industry, put google drive and amazon s3 out of business, host netflix data
>Just read about it for a few minutes and it seems like the idea is that other people "rent" your free disk space. But I really don't see businesses putting their heaps of sensible data on unreliable neckbeard HDDs
The data is encrypted and spread out across the network. It's impossible to get any meaningful data by solving the encryption. Collateral is put forward by the host, so if he experiences downtime, the host loses that collateral, giving him incentive not to fucking go down
>they'd rather continue using the established could storage businesses. Or is Sia going to be super cheap in comparison?
Sia is 10x cheaper to store data with + encryption
>Are they targetting normie could storage needs, like dropbox instead?
both
>does this even have much room for growth? It's already very high up in the coinmarketcap list. I wanna make x100 gainz.
If shitcoins like BTS, ETH, or XMR can have 100x gainz then there's no reason why Sia can't go up at least to $1. The dream scenario is $4, but Sia can at least pull an XRP
>>
HURRRRRR SIA IS CHEAP

CMON LOOK AT THE FUCKING MARKET CAP AND AMOUNT OF COINS IN CIRCULATION.

IM CURRENTLY HOLDING SOME MYSELF, BUT IF I SEE ONE MORE RETARD ON HERE SAYING SIA IS "cheap" OR A "shitcoin"

>SIA MKT CAP $460,279,122
>STORJ MKT CAP $61,288,539

DO THE FUCKING MATH
>>
>>2372071
I'm glad you write in capital letters so I could see what you wrote.

It is not only about market cap, it is more about what tech it is, what the idea is and the developer team, at least for me as I'm more in to investing than trading any swings. Anyways, I just invested some now in to Sia, let's hope it pays off in a year!
>>
>>2372071
You do the math.
The Storj team holds 90% of the coin.
>>
>>2372626
If that is true that is messed up.Source?
>>
>>2372265
>I'm glad you write in capital letters so I could see what you wrote.

lel
>>
>>2372626
Ok found some sources now on reddit after a fast google on "Storj team holds 90% of the coin." ... We'll I'm leaving the storj train, too much scams and bs in alt-coins for me to want to have something long-term in something that gives me XRP-scam thoughts... Which makes me a bit sad, lol.
>>
>>2372032
Hosting Netflix data is such a high possibility, and if that happens sis will reach being moon prices
>>
so sia coin is a coin named after a singer who won't show their face in public, to symbolize the anonymity that the coin provides even when it becomes a house-hold name in the future, pretty sweet
>>
I bought some they gonna moon very soon
>>
>>2373249
No, the name was chosen to mean nothing and just as they started working, the singer got popular.
>>
>>2372071

its not cheap but it definitely has room to double up
>>
What is the connection of the actual siacoin to the hosting?

What makes siacoin (the actual coin its self) valuable?
>>
>>2371212
One of the main issues is that all existing cloud storage is all fucking US based. Microsoft, Amazon, Google etc.

Unreliable, specially for other countries, what about Russia, Korea? Anyone else who might think the US is getting a little "unstable" etc.

They have a good article on it here: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sia-takes-cloud-giants-blockchain-based-decentralised-storage-1625126

Also Amazon, Google, Microsoft arsefuck you with price increases after a while. Oh join Google's cloud storage for super cheap, uncapped! Few months later, bam, low cap, high rates, fuck you, etc. Harder to do that with Sia.

Sia is enterprise focused, Storj is consumer. Sia just demonstrated their minebox.io tech at the Hewlett Packard Enterprise tradeshow the other day, they'll have picked up a LOT of corporate interest.

With all the hype about open source and so on nowadays, many companies are wanting to get away with the old "chain yourself to Microsoft forever" scenario. Blockchain is the true "cloud".
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.