[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like to have your own farm?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 4bb.jpg (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
4bb.jpg
59KB, 600x800px
What's it like to have your own farm?
>>
File: 1484279180660.jpg (81KB, 750x611px) Image search: [Google]
1484279180660.jpg
81KB, 750x611px
>>2368224
Its the greatest life you could possibly live. I wouldnt know for sure, as Ive never really stepped foot on a farm, but Ive passed many on the roadside.

Imagine waking up earl-rye morning. The fog blocks much of the view but thats ok, you feel cozy. Then you oversee the vast lands of your crop. You pick a lemon from a tree and eat it. You see the milkman drive his truck down the road towards the dairy farm.
>>
>>2368224
i wanna buy a farm with my cryptogains
40 acres, small cabin, trees to cut down for a cozy winter
that's all i want
>>
>>2368316
Stay home, cityboy.
>>
>>2368344
You don't want to cut down too many trees anon, have to leave some up for privacy from the normies

You forgot a homely thicc wife that cooks from your farm goods too anon
>>
>>2368428
i need to do some math, but if you have X acres of trees, you can get Y chords of wood and it be sustainable

ideally 40 acres is enough land to have isolation already

i prefer skinny girls, but having a based farmwife would be the life
>>
>>2368459
what sort of crops/animals would you have on your farm anon?
>>
>>2368224
Pretty harsh.
A lot of micromanagement if you are planning to break out of self-sufficiency.
And even then, erratic weather, predatory animals, insects (Locust/Fire ants) and disease can really fuck up your revenue.

It is a hard life.
You go to bed early at 8 and you rise early at 5/6.
Any sounds of distress you get your rifle to fuck over whatever
coyote/fox/raccoon/intruder cunt on your land.

There is nothing to do.
Nothing to aspire to.
No Aim.
No Goal.
Nothing to build.

All the younglings all fled to the cities becuz of 'muh dreams/ambitions'.
Rural internet speeds are horrid and the people are old foggies.

It is only good if you are planning to retire and maintain an excellent relationship with the local community.
>>
>>2368477
probably just chickens for a while, since they're easy
then maybe goats and sheep. Cows might be okay, but they are so large and hard to handle
>>
>>2368553
go with cows since they have no real predators
also buy an alpaccas for protecting your sheep or goats
>>
>>2368316
>eating raw lemons
Enjoy your beaver teeth
>>
File: BeanSproutsArticleMeme.jpg (64KB, 735x735px) Image search: [Google]
BeanSproutsArticleMeme.jpg
64KB, 735x735px
SPROUT ALL DAY
>>
>>2368583
alpaccas sound cute
i might try that
would just one alpacca be alright, or do i need to have a certain number of them to be happy?
>>
>>2368630
The alpacca might get lonely, get him a pet tortoise
>>
>>2368630
>cute
they're vicious cunts that will spit at anything that gets close to their pack of sheep
>would just one alpacca be alright, or do i need to have a certain number of them to be happy?
i'd suggest 1 alpacca per 15-25 sheep but you can buy more if you want
>>
>>2368665
forgot to mention that although they are very effective against foxes a large dog will still kill them
>>
>>2368665
lol, cool
thank you
>>
File: Screenshot_20170610-000404.jpg (898KB, 1016x1287px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170610-000404.jpg
898KB, 1016x1287px
I gots 200 acres anon. It's not my primary home. Favorite place to go though. I'm not really a farmer since I pay someone to mow and take care of the cattle. I do like to drink whiskey butt naked on the patio though.
>>
File: 1495731773444.jpg (44KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
1495731773444.jpg
44KB, 640x539px
>>2368224

Shit.

>Smells like shit
>Hard work all the time
>Mosquitos everywhere
The only good thing about it, is that you get to have sex with all sorts of animals. Mares are my favorite.
>>
File: lamborghini.jpg (65KB, 460x274px) Image search: [Google]
lamborghini.jpg
65KB, 460x274px
another reason to buy a lambo
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.