[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Souring on alts ALTogether

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (41KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
41KB, 400x367px
At this point, ETH and BTC have outperformed the vast majority of my altcoin trades.

That is: if I had ONLY BOUGHT eth and btc, i would have more money than I do with all these different "cool" altcoins.

Is this true of anyone else? Look at the numbers, and be honest.
>>
>>2361578
Look at the past price histories of both ETH and BTC. Zoom in on the chart and follow it day by day.

Tell yourself, honestly, where you would have sold, since you don't seem very disciplined with holding alts.

Now see what your gains would have been.

Trading in hindsight is a dangerous path to go down. If we all made the "right" moves, there would be a handful of new millionaires every week in crypto
>>
>>2361860
Thank you for this thoughtful reply, anon.

I haven't ever sold anything at a loss, I'm just having a bad week and experiencing some ang$t.

But basically, you're right about "trading in hindsight" and I appreciate the perspective.
>>
One bad week during a bull run in a new and volatile market based on memes is getting you down? What the hell anon
>>
>>2362010

You're right, you're right.

I've just been spoiled by an INCREDIBLE run of good luck since March... enough good luck to make me start thinking I was a genius.

Now I'm being forced to confront the reality that I'm mostly just lucky. I'll be fine. I'm holding. Just being a crybaby.

The reality check (from markets and you) is healthy and welcome.
>>
That's why you have to look at your gains in terms of Bitcoins. If you bought 3 bitcoins at 1500$, and ended up with 2.5 at 3000$, you're fucking something up.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.