[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So gift taxes only apply to the givers of the gifts...not the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ETH.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ETH.png
4KB, 400x400px
So gift taxes only apply to the givers of the gifts...not the receivers.

So if I have a huge amount of cryptocurrency and I send it to my family member in a foreign country whose taxes are next to nothing, and after showing him how to set up a crypto wallet and cash out with an exchange he cashes out and wires or mails me the money as a gift, do I not have to pay any taxes on it?

Why wouldn't this work?
>>
Is this a simple solution to avoiding taxes?

As it stands I have done this a few times through a family member with no problems. It looks no different at all to the many gifts we already send back and forth to each other.

Why would this not work?
>>
Can anyone help here?

If I understand correctly, you can cash out this way without paying taxes. If you do it through, say, Coinbase, the IRS will fuck you up.
>>
you're gonna git fucked by structuring charges, if you've made millions move to a tax haven and renounce citizenship
>>
File: 1495332721054.png (376KB, 403x672px) Image search: [Google]
1495332721054.png
376KB, 403x672px
lmao there are limits to how much you can give to family members. I think it's around $8k a year.

you think you're the first person in history who had this idea?
>>
>>2349948
There's a nice hefty fee to renounce citizenship.
>>2349969
No in the US there literally isn't. There's a lifetime exclusion, so what? The tax liability falls 100% on the person giving the gift. If this person is in a foreign country and not a US citizen, which they are not, the IRS can do fuck all.

If it were 8k there'd be no way to give cars as gifts...
>>
What about legal residents in the US?

I don't have a US citizenship and only have a greencard. Would I be fucked if I withdrew some of my cash in my yuropoor country?
>>
>>2349988
that's why you do the math on if it's worth it, if it's not then don't sell your crypto until it is worth it
>>
>>2349948
Literally charges for "intent".

This is fucking ridiculous.
>>2350036
I'm pretty sure a simple gift won't fuck me though. I'm also not cashing out millions, just thousands.

I got $4000 as a nice wedding gift from my grandparents last year. This is literally no different.
>>
>>2349988
I hope you get fucked by the IRS, you tax evading pricks are annoying as fuck to read.
>>
>>2350067
It's a gift. Really that simple....

And here I was planning to sell on localbitcoins, which is a huge risk, then spend only cash for awhile and keep it out of the banks.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.