[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money is there in web dev?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0544.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0544.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
How much money is there in web dev?
>>
A lot, but it's one of the shittiest professions to work in. I'm hoping crypto will finally get me the fuck out of this career before I kill myself.
>>
>>2346089

Can confirm this. I am also a web dev and I think about killing myself hourly.
>>
>>2346089
Also webdev, it's pretty shitty working on projects you care less about. Hobby projects are fun though. Currently working on some crypto libraries which I will be implementing in my website.
>>
>>2346113

I like programming, I do not like web development and doing enterprise/client based work.

It is the most soul sucking experience for a variety of reasons. Number 1: is the incompetence of the fucking client.

If they have an in-house team and bring you on as a contractor then their in house team will consist of a bunch of drooling retards whos mess you have to clean up(thats why they hired you after all). I usually get brought onto a team after they get rid of their offshore(India/Ukraine/etc) team and realized that they took a hot steaming dump over everything and nobody has any idea how the fuck to fix anything or add new features to the codebase. Oh, also, they want to release in 1 month or something stupid as fuck. Management will proceed to make decisions that cost the company millions, while the in-house team will consistently be almost useless.

Number 2 is when they're just a regular client and you can control the whole development process from scratch, this is rarer but I've been there before. You can expect the client to be a total fucking retard at all points in time. They will ask for a feature and then decide they dont want it. They will decide to change something fundamental halfway through and you will have to rewrite a huge portion of the code on a whim. They'll ask for the dumbest shit like 30 px font, or modals for every button that ask "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO CHOOSE MALE AS A GENDER? YES/NO?". You usually won't be in charge of quoting the job either, so some salesman sold your project like it'd be done in 3 months but it's actually gonna take two years and a whole rewrite in between.

Just a glimpse into your future son. Least I get paid well
>>
>>2346207
Meh, sounds better than retail.
>>
>>2346207

Number 2(for real) why it sucks is that web development sucks. You're fucking stuck with javascript for everything, and a loosely typed dynamic language with java syntax does not a fucking scalable language make. The problem is even more pronounced because "front-end developers" have decided to complicate every fucking facet of shipping a product. You now have to install 20 dependencies to build your javascript, like minification, concatenation, and fucking babel which allows you to use new javascript features in older browsers. You have to compile javascript TO javascript. If that doesn't sound fucked up to you, then you don't know enough yet. Every fucking frontend tool breaks constantly with every update because they have no fucking clue. All to render fucking html to a webpage, and if you think the client doesn't want a "REACTIVE SPA" you're dead fucking wrong, they all want it cuz its the future apparently. The web browser APIs are incredibly poorly fucking thought out, and you have to use a framework just to deal with the shittyness which adds a whole nother layer of complexity there.

I could spend hours complaining about it, I'll stop there because I'm still at work and have to fucking fix these database fragmentation problems caused by management pushing a feature to production even though I said it wasn't ready. Ain't that fucking grand?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.