[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trading Strategy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

itt we discuss the pros and cons of swing trading vs buy and hold.

I personally have 2/3 of my portfolio in long term holds (BTC, ETH, ETC, GNT) and 1/3 as active trading capital. So far my actively managed stash has outperformed the passive stash by about 40%.

For me, swing trading seems more profitable because holding through long dips means that the money I tied up while incurring a loss. Cutting losses early and seeking a better opportunity means my capital can work for me instead of just sitting there while I wait for the position to return to the green.
>>
Describe your daytrading strategy? How often you sell at loss to cut it?
>>
do you use /biz/ for your swing trading or you do your own chart analysis/etc?
>>
>>2322253

Is never a good answer? 99% of coins bounce back eventually
>>
Swing trading in bull runs is way more profitable. Scalping alts at their bottom, and wait for 10x, 100x. But buy/hodl actual coins like BTC/ETH is a good hedge against bear runs.
>>
>>2322209
>long term
>GNT
>Thinking a useless shitcoin is ever a good long term hold
>>
I don't do active trading since it worries me.
I've lost in every attempt to retrace those gains.

I'm jealous of those who made it though. I've been hodling for months with waves and have been good. If I had messed with it, I could have gotten a way better return though.
>>
>>2322278
In a bull market they do, but there is no guarantee for that. And as I've outlined above, prolonged dips mean that your capital does not work for you. If you have access to a lot of capital then that might not be a problem, but if you have limited funds you really want your money to work all the time.

I cut losses at about 8% and move on. If coins are volatile, a wider margin might be needed to prevent the stop loss from being triggered on those fluctuations.
>>
>>2322263
Both, and Twitter.

I try to follow the trend, so I look at charts a lot to see what's moving. I stick to a list of coins that I believe have (at least some) potential for future adoption in the real world and buy shitcoins like RDD every now and then when I see them shilled heavily on /biz/ (bought 900k RDD @ 5 sat incidentally and holding strong).
>>
>>2322209
I do a combination of both.
>>
>>2322333
I made bad trading decisions and lost money in the beginning and still do. The key to being more profitable is to limit your losses while allowing your winning trades to run. Using stop losses vastly improved my performance, you might want to give that a try if you haven't done that already.
>>
>>2323006
stop loss at buy-π*ATR kek.
>>
>>2323108
Speak English you filthy pajeet.
>>
>>2322209
I always get kiked when I swing trade. What's your method? What indicators do you use?
>>
>>2323520
I follow trends, so I buy what is already moving up. If I see a lot of chatter on /biz/ and Twitter I check the charts. Also, I tend to stick to "promising" coins that I believe have a future.
>>
Participate in the 1st ever /biz/ ''Roll' game right here >>2323347

WARNING.
>before playing, read the rules.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.