[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crushing Your Enemies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1453104746225.png (85KB, 219x202px) Image search: [Google]
1453104746225.png
85KB, 219x202px
I run a Youtube channel (<500 subs), that makes videos catering to a niche market. Lately, others in my field have been making videos similar to mine (so far, at least three imitators). They aren't as good, which means for now I hold the content advantage. However, they have more subscribers (5-15,000) and get more views on their videos. The nice part of this is that YT's algorithm sends them to my videos (because I was there first), and with a competing product in existence YT gets to see just how much better my videos are. But they still have more subs and more views, thus dictating the conversation.

I'm growing slowly. Doing the 'right things,' maintaining social media and posting a few times a week. However, I'm under 500 for three year's worth of work, and I feel like I can leverage my competitors against me.

How do I become the first set of eyeballs people see? How do I undermine my competitors to call out how bad their product is, while promoting my own? Would this involve sock puppet accounts? I'd like to avoid dirty tricks if I can. Do I need to hit them on forums outside of Youtube? Doing what I'm doing now will not see me win in the end, no matter how superior my product. Please help.
>>
I didn't read your post but all in dgb
>>
>>2319405
Ha!
>>
>>2319405
kek, this op
>>
>>2319297
Get in fights with them on twitter. Figure out what buttons to press to make sure they respond. Drama = views.
>>
>>2319503
Interesting. I'll keep that in mind. Is there a more subtle way? Like, if they've already posted their video in Forum X, how do I post mine without looking like a rip-off? Despite being first? All I can think of is making a sockpuppet and saying "These guys did it better." If I go in as myself, people will see our similar content and pressure us to collab. That would be better than the current situation, at least. We wouldn't be firing broadsides at each other, but I also don't get to take the ultra-high road and pretend they didn't copy me.
>>
>>2319297
if you've been actively working on your channel for three years and have 500 subs, you might wanna reconsider spendig your time on this. How many overall channel views do u have?
>>
Show boipucci
>>
>>2320026
Been getting about 500 a month ever since we started our current series. Hit 10k lifetime views recently. What's annoying is that we went from almost nothing to about 500/month, and it hasn't budged. We're effectively stuck in neutral, because I lack the wisdom and narcissism I need to shamelessly promote the channel. YT has decided we're worth 500-600 views a month, and despite rentention on these videos nearly doubling over the past 18 months we aren't worth any more to YT's algorithm. The incoming competition has made the situation urgent: They WILL get better over time if they keep trying, and I will die. I want to make a bold move that won't jeopardize our potential future success (ie "Can you believe what they said on Twitter five years ago?") because I feel we can make it. But we need the exposure.
>>
>>2320183
how often do you make videos? Almost a year ago i started a channel which got 1k subs in about 2 months and then stagnated for about 4 months. I was outputting maybe 3 videos per month, so i bumped it up to 2 videos per week and started to see tons of growth. Unfortunately my channel was deleted by YT about a month after i bumped up the output. At the time of deletion my channel had 1.5m views, 3k subs and had earned me $1,200. Producing lots of videos is key.
>>
>>2320183
i think the number of situations where starting drama with other channels is a good idea is very very small.Work on attractive thumbnails. bold colors, faces, huge font. Look at Pewdiepie for ideas. Sometimes the simplest thumbnails are the hardest to resist (i.e. one single word that takes up the whole thumbnail). Also like I said >>2320886
make lots of vids.
All it takes is one breakout video getting 15K views to jumpstart things
>>
File: 1297571000229.jpg (87KB, 866x771px) Image search: [Google]
1297571000229.jpg
87KB, 866x771px
>>2320886
We make one every two weeks. Takes 8-15 hours to produce. I know it's not optimal, but I didn't realize how high the threshold was for gaining a following. I'm also a normie with a dayjob, so making more videos would require cutting out my social life or my attention to quality. (Getting some other schlub to do the dirty work counts as a hit to quality).

So basically, I'm under YT's work threshold. All righty. How useful was off-site marketing to you? Would it be worth going to where fans of this content reside and shilling it? What's a polite way to do it?

Our thumbnails are decent, but I'll see if there's somethign useful I can glean from the higher-tier YTers (that doesn't involve plastering my face all over it).

Thanks, man
>>
>>2321036
i never paid for any advertising. I did make several reddit accounts and upvote my own videos on smaller subs. Thats risky though, they'll lose their shit if they find out you're self promoting
>>
>>2321036
Use alot of camera cuts,
"Charisma on command" has a great video that shows why Pewdiepie's videos are so successful
>>
>>2321470
>Lots of emotional swings
>Fast cuts
>His big smug fucking face
>His big smug fucking personality
Thank God I don't have to deal with this prick in real life.

There are ways to spice up my content with his techniques, but I'll need to use a little finesse. I agree with the comparison to stand-up comedians: You're throwing so many emotions at the audience that they're never truly bored. The brain is left trying to process everything they're witnessing.

Sounds like I should make a 'viral' version of what I already do. Draw them in with something whacky (yet related to the normal content), then keep pumping out what I'm good at doing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.