[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Understanding Walls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: retardo pep is anger.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
retardo pep is anger.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
Brainlet nocoiner here, so a wall is created by a whale who has purchased so large a quantity of a coin that he can set a price so high (for an ask) or so low (for a bid) on his entire pile of coins that nobody will ever buy/sell that large a quantity at that price (and that he doesn't want to sell/buy his whole hoard anyway), so the order just stays unfulfilled indefinitely, basically holding the market on that coin hostage until somebody makes a bid/ask that is above/below his price, in order to make the sale now instead of waiting for him to move, thus driving the price in the direction he wants it to go?

that sounds like a big load of shit, and also how do you spot these and turn them to your advantage? Do they allow you to predict that a coin will not rise or fall below a certain point, at least not at its current speed?

Which set of meme-candles shows open bids/asks rather than charting concluded sales? Or how do I find that particular graph on any given price monitoring site

or is it right in front of me and I just think I'm looking at a record of sales and not a chart of open offers

t. lamboless retard
>>
>>2306845
new college libertarian bumperino
>>
File: retardo pep is end.png (29KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
retardo pep is end.png
29KB, 657x527px
>>2306901

i think my question was too retarded
>>
>>2307020
nah I think that was a good analysis, I had gotten to the same points and questions. I think most anons here just rather shill their coins or brag instead of answering something thats likely been asked repeteatedly to them
>>
>Which set of meme-candles shows open bids/asks
all exchanges
>>
File: what did they mean by this.png (119KB, 1548x941px) Image search: [Google]
what did they mean by this.png
119KB, 1548x941px
>>2307065

is the circle the open bid/ask chart and the arrow is a buy wall?

[spoiler]green means buy and red means sell doesnt it[/spoiler]
>>
>>2307135
what program you using for chartz?
>>
>>2307181
it's in the corner Cryptowatch
>>
>>2307181
>>2307196

it's neat because it's free but seems like it has barely any currencies also doesn't have bittrex
>>
Let's say that (like everybody else) you want to make money, and you think that BizCoin is going to increase in price. However (like everybody else), you want to buy BizCoin for as low as possible, since this will make you the most $$. Consider the scenario that the last trade of BizCoin was at $10, which you consider to be a low price.

Scenario 1 : You are a minnow with only $10, and in your great excitement you market buy 1 BizCoin at $10, with dreams of selling it at $1,000,000. Suddenly, you see that somebody (a whale) puts up 1,000,000 BizCoins at $11. You start sweating, as it would take $11,000,000 (a lot of money!) to push the price past $11 *IF* that sell wall stayed there. You tell yourself to hold, but other idiot minnows start selling and push the price down to $5. You have just lost 50% of your money, and the price might go down to $1! Perhaps BizCoin isn't that great after all - You cut your losses and panic sell your BizCoin at a loss for $5.

Scenario 2 : You are a whale with 1,000,000 BizCoins. You know that in the long term BizCoin is headed to the moon, but you want to get more BizCoin as cheaply as possible. You put up some more limit buys at $5, put up a sell wall at $11, and the noob minnows sell to you at $5 as detailed above.

Buy and sell walls are obvious when looking at the order book , which shows all of the limit buys and sells. Note that the whale can choose to pull the wall whenever the whale so desires.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.