[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling to Coinbase/Tax ?s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

What is the maximum you can sell back to your bank without them getting alerted? Is it against the law to sell your crypto back without filing some sort of form? Do you only worry about capital gains taxes once that time of the year comes around? What is the maximum that you have sold to coinbase to put back in your checking account? What if you do it in small increments over a large span of time? Say, $200-$1000 every couple of days, but never $10,000 at once?

I feel we are in unchartered territory and I do not want to get fucked for unknowingly doing something wrong.
>>
>>2306412
What country
>>
>>2306412
in US IRS gets an alert if you have funds going in and out of your account if the sum is 10000.

if you are using coinbase just convert it to usd wallet and release it slowly.
>>
>>2306412
3k a month
>>
>>2306543
If, say, you convert it to usd while eth is at a high and you convert it to usd before it dips, it will stay at the high dollar amount, right? Sorry if that's a retarded question.

How can you convert it to usd wallet in coinbase?
>>2306518
U.S.
>>
>>2306412
>Say, $200-$1000 every couple of days, but never $10,000 at once?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structuring

The IRS can still BTFO you. If you made it that big, lawyer up.
>>
>>2306615
>In the United States, the Bank Secrecy Act requires the filing of a currency transaction report for transactions of more than $10,000 in currency (US or foreign).[2] Financial institutions suspecting deposit structuring with intent to avoid the law are required to file a suspicious activity report.[3] In 1986, the U.S. Congress enacted section 5324 of Title 31 of the United States Code,[4] which provides (in part):
>No person shall, for the purpose of evading the reporting requirements of section 5313 (a) or 5325 or any regulation prescribed under any such section, the reporting or record keeping requirements imposed by any order issued under section 5326, or the record keeping requirements imposed by any regulation prescribed under section 21 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act or section 123 of Public Law 91–508—[...] (3) structure or assist in structuring, or attempt to structure or assist in structuring, any transaction with one or more domestic financial institutions.
>Section 5324 further provides that a violation of this provision may be punished by a fine or up to five years in prison, or both.[5] The filing of Form 8300 is required under Internal Revenue Code section 6050I.[6]
>Sums of money resulting from deposits of less than $10,000 may be seized after a warrant is issued based on a suspicious activity report. >Legal proceedings, which may cost in the vicinity of $20,000 or more, may be required for an innocent party to retrieve his or her money. Reports in October 2014 by The New York Times of arbitrary seizures resulted in modification of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) practice to focus on investigations that "closely align" with IRS "mission and key priorities.” >Banks are not permitted to warn or advise customers unless the customer asks, but sometimes bank tellers will informally warn customers.[7]
But how can they prove that you had the intent to "structure"? What if I make a bunch of small transactions that look suspicious...
>>
>>2306682
/2 but I only am breaking up the payments to sell some at a high while keeping the rest in case the price continues to go up? This is so fucked. If the IRS want to they can totally fuck you to a point where you pay more in court and lawyer fees than you intended to take out in the first place. And where do your taxes go?
>who gon' take care of all dese keee-ids???
This just makes me hate leftists/liberals/Marxists more than I already do, which is pretty difficult.
>>
And in Germany?
Heard that people move temporarily to the Netherlands to tax it there regularly as it's just 1%... Anyone knows about it?
>>
is the 10k thing true? I know coinbase is in a legal battle now. I feel like the irs wants literally everyones records. I wonder if the irs is after coinbase specifically or if they're the only ones who put up a fight.
>>
>>2306809
http://fortune.com/2017/05/21/irs-bitcoin-congress/

Hopefully GOP stands up to IRS in a way that doesn't fuck over 500,000+ people, which people probably don't want the IRS snooping around their accounts for whatever reason they want.
However, there is stuff like:
http://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-budget-chief-mark-mulvaney-loves-gold-and-bitcoin-2016-12
...which gives hope that the big bosses will side against the IRS in favor of bitcoin etc.
>>
>>2306682
5 years in prison and they're allowed to (((seize))) steal it all just for fucking breaking up a transaction into smaller pieces? Wow, you know what just FUCK this country. This makes me want to just murder IRS agents.
>>
>>2306682
>>2306708

keep it in the interwebz until Trump has the entire IRS gassed

absolutely nobody will attend the funeral except maybe bernie sanders

>>2307023

Sen. Hatch and two GOP Reps are demanding the IRS explain itself over the coinbase bullshit, but Grassley and (((Feinstein))) are trying to move in the opposite direction.

If enough GOP get their heads out of their asses Trump would definitely sign pro-trader legislation, and his tax plan would be great if enacted
>>
>>2307154

this has been SOP starting in the Obama years, basically they steal your money on suspicion (of evasion, drug dealing, laundering, w/e) and then make sure that it costs you more in legal fees to get it back then the amount they stole, so they get away with it because there's literally no recourse

this is done even independent of cryptocurrencies
>>
>>2307273
when you realize we are no more free than fucking north korea when it comes to this shit. Jew bankers always want to jew you out of your money.
>>
>>2307273
Yup. Obama was 100% tyrannical. He used the race card to get away with being basically a sociopath from the first day he entered office. He did so much damage, just look at how demented people have become, that was all due to Obama. No, I'm not being sarcastic.
>>
>>2307557
lmao
>being this delusional

i think you've been on /pol/ too much
>>
>>2307557

I want /pol/ to go.
>>
>>2306599
>If, say, you convert it to usd while eth is at a high and you convert it to usd before it dips, it will stay at the high dollar amount, right?
dude what
>>
>>2307629
e.g., if I convert $300 worth of bitcoin when they are at 2700, then it will stay at $300 even after BTC dips down to 2000
>>
>>2307721
You're selling the coins, so yes you get what you sold them for. Once its fiat, bitcoin price has nothing to do with it
>>
>>2307821
how do you convert to usd without selling them to coinbase?
>>
File: 1464716629863.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1464716629863.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
If one were to take their coins off of coinbase and sell them for local currency in a third world shit hole that they frequent and that is not allied with the US, would the IRS find out?

Asking for research purposes only, I am not the person in said question
>>
>>2306412
About tree fiddy
>>
>>2306599
yeah it will be more whats the point of doing this shit if its not you retard
>>
I have something like 300,000 in BTC. Can I cash out 30 grand a week if I alert my bank beforehand?
>>
>>2306412
>coinbase
>tax
Yes. You tard. To whatever your question is.
Conbase has cucked its clients with the IRS since the beginning of time. That's what you get for buying from an exchange that's in your own country.
>>
I've been telling you niggers all day.

Fuck this kike nation. I got dual citizenship. Once I reach a million I'm cashing out in foreign currency and leaving forever
>>
>>2307622
Me too, I hate /pol/

They all like to pretend there red pilled, but they really don't know shit. They're cucks just like you.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.