[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How different is Forex trading from a dummy account to doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: city - 1492580036295.jpg (998KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
city - 1492580036295.jpg
998KB, 1800x900px
How different is Forex trading from a dummy account to doing it for real? I've been averaging about $9000 a month and would like to do this for real soon. But I'm not sure if there are fees or anything associated with this that I am not aware of.

I'm using MetaTrader and don't know if any fees are calculated into the profits/loss system. Is it exactly how MetaTrader works or am I missing things?
>>
Completely different.

Everyone makes money in demo.
>>
>>2302925
Even if the demo is basing stats off of real-world information? Can you give me an example as to what is different and why I wouldn't make money in the real world?
>>
>>2302798
babypips.com/school
>>
>>2303022
>an example as to what is different
losing real money can be traumatizing for some people. you will always have losing trades no matter how good you are. some people deal with it better than others. some people freak out because they thought basic things like money management didn't apply to them and they blew half their account because of stupidity.
>>
>>2302925
This. Obviously if you are averaging $9k a month, you have to try for real. But you will 100% find out that it is nothing like your simulated practice. Emotions and second-guessing yourself become a factor. Don't even try to be a fucking tough guy and pretend like you are different than literally every human being on the planet. Not saying you can't make money, but all of a sudden it will seem like opportunities are rarer and risk is greater.

In a survey from a few years back, 93% of independent forex traders lost money. Average amount lost was like $10k. Feel free to try it, but don't say nobody warned you.
>>
>>2303973
Already know about that site. I'm asking for differences between real world and demo world. Babypips doesn't cover the differences, if there are any.

>>2304034
That's what I was expecting, too. I lose trades, maybe 1/8th of the time I lose something, but never more than about $500. And my average gain is around $500-$800. I'm nervous about doing it for real, but if I am even half as good in the real world, then I'd still be profiting.

>>2304216
I'm not pretending and I am genuinely nervous about it. That is why I'm asking for examples. According to Fidelity, this program is pretty accurate. They are the ones that recommended I practice with it before hand.

I'd still like some examples. I already expect the pressure of real money will weigh heavily on my psyche, but if I can overcome that, I think I will do fine. Unless, again, there are things I'm not aware of with a demo account.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.