[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many cryptocurrencies should I hold at a time? I have 13

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: brain-thinks-about-money.jpg (381KB, 2048x1246px) Image search: [Google]
brain-thinks-about-money.jpg
381KB, 2048x1246px
How many cryptocurrencies should I hold at a time?

I have 13 right now but I feel like I'm way over-diversified. When one moons, it hardly seems to affect my overall portfolio at all.

And there are lots more I want to buy but don't.

How bad is over-diversification for your crypto portfolio? Do you recommend holding more or less?
>>
I dunno man, that does seem like a lot I'd aim for 5, up to 7, 8 absolute max
>>
>>2300199
I see all kinds of coins I want to invest in on /biz/ though and they all end up doing reasonably well. How do I decide?

I currently hold for semi-long term:
ETH
DGB
MNE
RDD
LTC
GNT
BURST
BCN
STRAT
BAT
XRP
STR
ZEN
STRAT

And I'm interested in buying into:
XEM
SEC
WAVES
BNT (when released).

The problem is when one of these shoots up my portfolio is hardly affected. It kind of sucks because my gains are fairly steady but I don't feel like I'm going anywhere.

Am I over-diversified and what can I do?

I always feel compelled to buy into another one and I can't tell which ones will be best.

Any advice anyone?
>>
>>2300303
Fuck there's JUST SO MANY COINS I WANT TO BUY.

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO I'M OVER-DIVERSIFIED
>>
>>2300398
Be more selective anon. You listed some good coins, but some of them have little moon potential. Hodl SC, ARK, WAVES, STRAT and one other of your choosing and come back to your lambo money in 6 months
>>
Do you guys find that over-diversification reduces your gains?

Or is it better to buy into a bunch of things hoping the market all goes up?
>>
>>2300642
have 3 main coins. diversify whatever you have in those between 4-5 other coins.
>>
>>2301206
Why?
>>
>>2300141
I would put the upper limit at whatever number you can keep proper track of.

This really depends on the time you have available to put into trading, chart watching, and research.

I try to keep it to one page on my blockfolio.
>>
>>2300141
yeah thats too many. i have what i call my starting 5. btc, eth, strat, dgb, sia.
>>
You can't really be over-diversified right now, seeing as virtually everything is skyrocketing.

I am holding around 15 different cryptos right now, and see no reason to decrease that number anytime soon. How much is your total portfolio worth though? If you only got a few thousand dollars spread across all those coins, then yes, I would make a bet on my strongest horses and go all-in, in hopes of hitting a ten-bagger at least. Then divesting again when you got more than chump change to play with.
>>
>>2301406
I don't use blockfolio but I track everything compulsively pretty much all day.

I literally just watch these fucking charts for hours at work cause I have nothing better to do.

What I'm talking about is usually one coin, like Bitbean today for example, skyrockets while the others stay flat or dip, so I end up with nothing. But if I didn't overdiversify I could have gone up as well.
>>
>>2302399
Right now I'm at about $5,500 from roughly $2000 starting.

My biggest coins (ETH, MNE, DGB) have about a thousand each in them, I have a thousand of that just sitting useless in order to buy big dips in coins like ETH, and the last $1,500 or so is spread across the other coins, with the biggest 2 XRP and BAT each getting roughly $250 each and the others all about $80-$100 each. Some of the really shitty ones like LTC and STR I already sold since making this thread since they had almost nothing in them.

I keep getting sucked into new /biz/ threads with new coins. Like should I put more money into this and just buy XEM, SEC, WAVES, SC, ANT, and ARK??

Or should I sell off the ones I do have, pick a few that I like and just hope they moon?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.