[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /biz/ I usually ignore threads with paragraphs of mumbo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1423615555651.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1423615555651.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
Hello, /biz/

I usually ignore threads with paragraphs of mumbo jumbo, as do most anons, but pls.

I come to you today to ask for guidance, as I am still weary about dipping into the cryptocurrency world. I have done hours of research over the past couple of weeks, and I feel like I am on the right path, but I just want some personal testimonies to help me out.

I’m not here to ask for handouts like some of these other fucking retards do, or for you guys to hand all the necessary information to me because you think I’m too lazy, because I’m not. I simply want advice.

>tl;dr - seeking guidance, personal testimony, other’s research, etc. so that I can point myself in the right direction.
>shills and trolls not need apply. For the most part, I can distinguish who is providing stupid shit information.

Just a few questions I’ve developed over the course of several weeks:
>what is the (((best))) cryptocurrency exchange to use? what’s worked/not worked for you? what is safest, what is sketchy?
>is it better to go through with getting an external bitcoin wallet, rather than relying on holding it online only?
>should I use Coinbase to diversify in BTC, ETH, and LTC, then use another exchange for all other alt coin risks?
>are there any easier, more reliable ways to turn cryptocurrency into USD? Other than LocalBitcoins?
>are there some forms of retrieval or insurance methods for BitCoin in the event that someone were to steal my cryptocurrencies?

I have several more, I just can’t think of any at this moment. I’ll probably save it for another thread for another day. Feel free to answer any of my questions, just to help out. Like I said, I did all my personal research, I just want your input because I’m not exactly sure how to go about things just yet.

Thanks for your time, /biz/.
>>
Btw, I've also recently invested money into the normie stock market and plan on continuing to do so. That's a little easier for me to understand and research since there are more people who know of it.

I'm just trying to gain more knowledge about the cryptocurrency world.
>>
>>2291692
Bittrex is great for the variety and reliability. I do my alt trading there.
I like gemeni for buying BTC+ETH since their fees are lower
GDAX has higher volume for BTC+LTC+ETH so I like to sell into USD there. It's owned by coinbase which really isn't as bad as everyone says. It's babby's first exchange.
Get a trezor for storage, it's easy to use. I wouldn't store over 5k in cryptos on an exchange unless i was planning to trade.

There's no way to get back coins sent to the wrong address unless the owner of the wallet is feeling kind. Double check the address. Triple check the address. I once had a scare with 12k thinking I'd sent it to the wrong address. Worst 10 minutes of my life.

What I haven't liked: polo, not available in my state. kraken, not available in my state. cryptopia, 99.99% scamcoins and low volume leading to higher prices.

GL/HF
>>
most people go to kraken, poloniex, or bittrex for their exchanges. poloniex has the best volume, but coin selection is limited and i find them a little sketchy. their support and verification process is slow, though to be fair they've seen a huge jump in users. they also lag horribly and have had a number of suspicious crashes/ddos attacks. overall, kinda sketchy to my eyes. i can't comment on any other exchanges except bittrex, which i like except for its comparatively low volume. it'll work all right if you don't try to whale really obscure altcoins.

you should not store large amounts of coins on exchanges unless you are using them. you never know when the exchange or a hacker might yank the plug. you can use a virtual wallet like jaxx, hardware wallets like trezor or ledger nano s, or a paper wallet.

gemini auctions might be useful for large-scale bitcoin conversions. you can also convert on coinbase, which you plan on using anyway. other than that, i don't think there are easier alternatives.

at least one exchange (poloniex?) claims to insure your deposit to a certain amount, kind of like the FDIC guarantee. i'm not sure if it'll be any good when that time comes, but there you go, you are otherwise without recourse. people are still trying to sort out the mess from mt. gox.
>>
>>2291753
I have a Poloniex account. I've heard good things about Bittrex and have skimmed through the website for some time. I'll probably check that out next.

Thank you for your input.
>>
File: 1494524218787.jpg (214KB, 444x467px) Image search: [Google]
1494524218787.jpg
214KB, 444x467px
>>2291703
>I've also recently invested money into the normie stock market

kek
>>
>>2291692
Just know there are times when nearly everything increases or decreases in value. Just hold, don't freak out. Don't trade every minute.
>>
Just some random answers/thoughts.
-
Check out Electrum for a bitcoin wallet, it's very easy to use, and you get a seed to retrieve your wallet in case you lose it. But a Trezor would probably be worth it.
-
There are many ways to cash out, you can even use Coinbase.
-
I have experience with only Bittrex, Poloniex and Bitfinex, they are all good/okay exchanges. Bitfinex has a very high (infinite?) daily withdrawal, even on the most basic accounts.
-
Good luck!
>>
>what is the (((best))) cryptocurrency exchange to use? what’s worked/not worked for you? what is safest, what is sketchy?
Bittrex has been great. Had an issue and I got a reply within thirty minutes. Polo on the other hand I've had a support ticket open with FOR OVER A GOD DAMN MONTH.
>is it better to go through with getting an external bitcoin wallet, rather than relying on holding it online only?
If you're holding the coin for any length of time there's no good reason not to have it in your own wallet.
>>should I use Coinbase to diversify in BTC, ETH, and LTC, then use another exchange for all other alt coin risks?
You can usually find ETH and LTC cheaper on other exchanges.
>are there any easier, more reliable ways to turn cryptocurrency into USD? Other than LocalBitcoins?
Not yet but there will be. You should just be holding your coins anyway unless you have some kind of emergency and need to cash out ASAP.
>>are there some forms of retrieval or insurance methods for BitCoin in the event that someone were to steal my cryptocurrencies?
I know Coinbase insures up to 100k, beyond that though no I don't know of any.
>>
>>2291857
I've got this part down. Thanks for your input.

>>2291873
Thanks!

>>2291908
Thank you! So in your opinion, is it better to just trade BTC, ETH, LTC and all other altcoins on one exchange?

Is it too messy to trade on multiple exchanges?
>>
>>2292148
withdrawal limits and deposit confirmation times lower your liquidity if you trade on multiple exchanges. if you only move around small amounts, it's fine. and if you want to do that, you should first convert the btc to eth, ltc, or doge, so the deposit goes through faster.
>>
>>2291692
Hey OP. Other OP here, check out ARK. It's rock fucking solid, also I included a how to guide to make it easy. Literally spoon feeding you into lamboland m8

>>2291398
>>2291398
>>2291398
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.