[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I read or interpret these order book charts? Im new so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: order book charts.jpg (44KB, 789x454px) Image search: [Google]
order book charts.jpg
44KB, 789x454px
How do I read or interpret these order book charts?

Im new so sorry if this sounds dumb. Wouldnt green mean buy orders and red mean sell? Yet Green is called bids, the term used for sell orders and red are called asks, a term for buy orders.

Also when the colors meet, how do I know if it shows when prices will go up or down because there are more buyers than sellers and vice versa?

You dont have to explain, but a link that explains it all in a nice and easy digestible way would be nice.
>>
someone asks btc for a price
someone bids btc for a price
>>
>>2282368
red unfulfilled sell orders, green unfulfilled buy.
>>
If you want to predict immediate changes look at the orders themselves not the graph. The graph shows walls in the near future, which are harder to break through the taller they are (assuming they're real). Flat sections get gobbled up faster.
Also, for analyzing orders use cryptowatch instead.
>>
I got you OP

https://warosu.org/biz/thread/S2237688
>>
test
>>
testing
>>
>>2282469
>>2282429
>>2282413
>>2282384
Thank you, I will continue to study. Not sure why something that seems so simple is very visually confusing to me.
>>
>>2282368
>bids, the term used for sell orders and red are called asks, a term for buy orders

you have this backwards

a bid is a buy order (the bidding price, like in an auction)
an ask is a sell order (the asking price, like in a store)
>>
>>2282368
Finance terms, blame their lingo
>>
>>2282624
the thing you are confused about I think is that when YOU want to buy RIGHT NOW you have to pay the asking price

when you want to sell RIGHT NOW you have to pay the bid price

these are called 'market orders'

as opposed to the 'limit orders' of the bid/ask
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.