[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I would like to get paid to write where would be the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: bartleby.jpg (39KB, 201x206px) Image search: [Google]
bartleby.jpg
39KB, 201x206px
If I would like to get paid to write where would be the best place to look for work? I'm not joking. I just want to sit at my desk and write stuff.
>>
Secretary?
>>
Depends what you want to write. Articles/blogs/books/how-to guides?
>>
>>2276776

No.

>>2276785

Doesn't even matter.
>>
>>2276769
Freelancing is literally the only way

If youre a good writer, flood the ebook market with super-niche erotica

Im talking like cyberpunk android romance, or some shit like that

As for the freelancing, i know like 4 or 5 people who go to boomer businesses, make a sales pitch anout why social media is important, and then get paid to manage/write for the company's social media accounts

Also, ghostwriting for college students is a good way to go

t. Faggot who made about 500 bucks ghostwriting college essays
>>
>>2276801
Technical writing can make you decent money.
>>
>>2276813
As a side note, im not memeing about the super nichey erotica, its honestly a hush-hush cash cow that a lot of writers dont tell people about since itll ruin their business, but i dont think one thread post will hurt them too much
>>
>>2276813

I honestly don't think I could seriously write erotica. It'd just turn into a ridiculous parody of the likes of Chuck Tingle.

I get banned from social media most of the time for speaking against imperialism and capitalism (ironically enough).

>>2276821

What would I need for it?
>>
>>2276843
It doesnt matter if itd get silly, believe me

As long as it is unique, people will eat it up

Remember: tsundere, tsundere, tsundere

Will net you money 99.9999 percent of the time, its why it works so well in anime
>>
>>2276769
Daily Stormer
>>
>>2276873

We have talked about this before on /lit/. I wasn't aware it was actually viable aside from the aforementioned Chuck Tingle.

>>2276885

Nazis are retards.
>>
>>2276843
>What would I need for it?
>most have a degree in English, journalism, communications or a related field
>>
File: t3_60uun7 - Copy.jpg (1MB, 1920x2714px) Image search: [Google]
t3_60uun7 - Copy.jpg
1MB, 1920x2714px
>>2276769

If you travel or live in an interesting area (rural or otherwise, though you'll get more mileage out of a bigger city), there are online magazines that pay by the word. The best of these, in my opinion, is Roads and Kingdoms. Anthony Bourdain is a co-owner. They pay very well-- maybe the best in the business. You have to be good. You also need a compelling style. They seem to like tamer gonzo journalism, so if that's something you can do, look into it.

http://roadsandkingdoms.com/category/travel/
>>
>>2276899

I dropped out of college for environmental science. Glad I did too since all this retardation is happening.
>>
>>2276843
Also, the boomers dont have to know that youre the one getting banned

Pick a random, moderately famous twitter user with an ambiguous name, and say it is you. Next, when you land the job and make a few promotional posts, buy fake subscribers/followers for like 10 bucks for 10k. Show the boss your outstanding work, get a raise, and be paid on the dime of those "greedy capitalists"
>>
>>2276896
200% viable. I know 3 erotica writers irl. One wrote an erotica that takes place on distant colonized planet. She said she made a grand off it within the first month but wouldnt tell me any more
>>
>>2276929

I feel more inclined to do this. Where can I learn more? I don't know if I really want to duckduckgo 'erotica writing'
>>
>>2276938
Truthfully, the best way to learn is reading. Read some short, popular eroticas. Next, read some books of genres youd enjoy. Figure out key elements of both that you could incorporate, and go from there.

http://selenakitt.com/blog/writing-niche-erotica/

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/authors/pw-select/article/69454-the-indie-authors-guide-to-trends-in-erotica-and-erotic-romance.html

Some potentially good quick resources
>>
>>2276769

Has anyone tried STEEM ? they seem to have good thing going but I haven't tried it out yet.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.