[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin Split

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

How would a potential Bitcoin split work? Do you get double the coins? Do you need to choose one? What happens if your coins are in a exchange while it happens?

Can anyone that was around during the ETH split chime in with how that went, please?.
>>
>>2266558

Good question ... I d-don't know
>>
Look at what happened to ETH. One fork will become dominant while the other hangs out. The split in value will depend on how unified the community is in choosing a successor fork.

When ETH split, generally exchanges provided users with a balance of both coins that emerged, but that takes time as the exchanges themselves have to do the back end work to set that up.
>>
File: feels good.png (528KB, 472x471px) Image search: [Google]
feels good.png
528KB, 472x471px
>>2266558
Yes you would get coins on both chains. If the exchange has your coins they don't necessarily owe you the new coins, but like with ETH-ETC, they probably will give them to you. I had ETH on Polo at the time. I got ETC 1:1 for every ETH but NOT ETH THAT WAS LENT OUT.

The coins won't both have the same USD value as before, they would settle at some point where the combined market caps would equal the pre-split caps, and then move from there.
>>
>>2268081
You must get the fuck out of every exchange that isn't listing both legacy and BIP148 coins by august 1st or you are risking to lose all of your money if BIP148 wins.

Remember that legacy (jihadcoin) doesn't have segwit, and the chain will be dead if BIP148 gets 51% hashrate. Meanwhile BIP148 has sewit and is safe from reorganization (aka it can never be killed)

Just dump jihaincoins for segwitcoins.
>>
File: UASF now.jpg (133KB, 722x626px) Image search: [Google]
UASF now.jpg
133KB, 722x626px
>>2267890
ETH-ETC was a hardfork because vitalik buterin acted like a central banker

This is a softfork. If BIP148 wins, the legacy chain DIES and then there's only 1 coin again.

This is why the more support BIP148 gets the more dangerous it is to stay on legacy coin. It's a snowball effect.

Everyone left on legacy chain is under the mercy of Jihan Wu and his ASICBOOST exploit + no segwit.

We NEED to kill that chinese autist, so support UASF.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.