[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative to Mining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: mining.jpg (40KB, 350x234px) Image search: [Google]
mining.jpg
40KB, 350x234px
Mining is very wasteful of electricity and concentrates control in the hands of the few who can afford it. Jihan Wu basically controls Bitcoin now. Really, we just need a way of determining consensus across the network.

1. Suppose the last block added to the chain has a hash of 32A8F.
2. A node proposes a candidate block to add to the chain along with a wallet address that the award should go to.
3. hash(wallet + 32A8F) = X
4. The winner is the one with the highest value of X.

If you wanted to prevent someone from creating thousands of wallets to increase their odds, you could combine with proof-of-stake and require a minimum coin amount. With this method, almost any NEET could mine coins with a damn Raspberry Pi. It's no longer controlled by a few Chinese.

Any flaws here? Why isn't this done?
>>
i dunno. make it happen and get rich. or there are flaws
>>
>>2262406
Sounds like you would like what NEM is doing.
I believe they solved this problem.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.