[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crypto Investing Strategies - Pump & Dump vs HODL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

ITT: We have a serious discussion about the 2 types of Crypto Strategies touted on this board.

1. Pump & Dump (Short Term)
2. HODL (Long Term)

What are the strengths and weaknesses of each?
What have been your successes?
What have been your regrets/failures?
What are the specifics of what works for you?

Let's share with all our biz bros to help everyone get to Lamboland.

I'll start. I have been HODLing only since March 2017 when I started. I was happy to get ETH at $20 thanks to this board. My strategy is to diversify and buy enough of the top 50 coins (using coinmarketcap.com) and hoping that I pick enough of the right "horses" that I can cash everything out in the next 3-5 years to pay off all my debts and live a comfy life.

So far my portfolio is up a total of almost 300% ROI which is modest gains compared to what others are claiming, but I assure you I am not LARPing. Right now My initial investment is around $8,000 USD and my total portfolio is worth about $32,000. Not bad for 3 months starting at $0.

I feel HODL is a lesser risk (especially if you aren't sure what you are doing, or still learning the ropes). My gut tells me that this Crypto market is very similiar to the .COM Boom (oldfag here) of the mid 90s. I think there will be a window where everything will rise regardless over the next 3-5 years. My plan is to cash in before the bubble.

Let's help each other make it!
>>
can you stop writing hold like a fucking retard
>>
As long as you do a modicum of research on a coin almost ANYTHING you buy and HODL will profit you over time in crypto.

Pump 'n' dump can be fun and exciting, but unless you're "in" on it, then it's ultra risky.

Currently I'm looking into a couple of bots that I'll put a percentage of my money into that uses a buy & hold strategy to make passive gains then I'll speculate with another percentage of my coins
>>
Buy high, sell low.

When a coin starts falling in price, it means that the coin is bad and you should get out. Likewise, when a coin is at ATH it means it is good and you should buy.

Hope this helps :)
>>
you already have a decent amount so if you're not a jew you can make good gains by holding BTC, ETH and one or two others. The pump and dumps are good because if you have little money you can make some quickly but I wouldn't put a large part of my capital most of the coins shilled here
>>
File: tfw browsing goodreads.jpg (126KB, 960x804px) Image search: [Google]
tfw browsing goodreads.jpg
126KB, 960x804px
>>2261965
>June 2017
>altcoin pnd
>ultra risky
Learn to read charts. I'm not even talking about TA, a simple moving average line is enough to tell you when "low" is low and "high" is high with enough accuracy to make decent gains. If it fails simply hold your grip.
>>
Step up the crypto trading game, add me on Skype: CryptoAnna
>>
>>2261935
>My initial investment is around $8,000 USD
>Not bad for 3 months starting at $0.

What?
>>
What's with these fucking trolls? Well I've been researching these past couple weeks since I just found out about cryptos. And in my opinion pump and dump or trading can be risky, but more profitable if you know what you're doing in my opinion. Bad thing is that its pretty time consuming. But with hodl strategy there is less risk, less time consumed and if you research your shit well you'll make profits. I personaly will hodl most og my investment and with a small percentage of my profits I'll be trading.
>>
>>2262075
Sorry anon,

I meant my total investment is $8K. My initial investment in March was $2K all on ETH and it paid off nicely for me.

One other thing I want to add to new anons is that this board is probably equal parts real information and total garbage. I have learned some really good things lurking here.

My advice is to lurk here long enough and you too will be able to filter out the genuine nuggets of helpful insight and strategy over the total bullshit. Good luck!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.