[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deliciously Immoral Insider Trading.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1484245815472.jpg (66KB, 680x666px) Image search: [Google]
1484245815472.jpg
66KB, 680x666px
Imagine this scenario /biz/
>short a company's stock with leverage
>acquire private info from thousands of clients of that company including sensitive information (bank, etc...)
>leak it, alert news
>wait for a sizable drop and cash out
If I have the tools to get that information and enough expertise to not get caught, isn't it a good idea?
>>
That sounds illegal
>>
>>2250852
>isn't it a good idea?
no it's a retarded idea, like really fucking idiotic.

you want to take a short position with leverage before knowing if there is a downtrend incoming. are you one of those crackbabies americans talk about?
>>
>>2250852
I have a question.

I work in a consulting firm and our clients are huge insurance giants and all the information we have is extremely top secret.

What the hell could I ever even do with this data if I ever deemed it wise to compromise the company?
>>
>>2250852
do you know how much money you need to actually significantly move the price of the stock of a company?

Its in the hundreds of millions.
>>
Also
>should I short a company and then sabotage it?
You REALLY think you're the first person to come up with this? Really?
>>
>>2250876
It's an incredibly stable stock and the regular movement isn't enough to kick me out of my leveraged position. Also, if you weren't mentally challenged, you'd be able to realize that I will create a downtrend myself you stupid faggot.
>>
>>2250897
>>2250904
Not the first, why does that matter? I've already checked their security and it's terrible. It's easily done and effective (check out every public company's leak history). Investors lose trust in the company and cash out, leading to a significant drop.
>>2250899
Depends on the cap, obviously.
>>
>>2250926
How can I profit with the inside information of countless insurance companies?
>>
>>2250899
He's not using money to move the price of the company, he's using information.
>>
Rumors and speculation can do just as much harm as real leaked info. And that's not illegal, So i suggest start writing up some fake press releases (cost about 50$-250$ to get them on reputable-ish sites) and bot spamming 4chan with "we're all going to die" type memes
>>
>>2251058
>That's not illegal
Yeah lol it is. It's libel.
>>
>>2251029
My knowledge is limited to publicly traded companies. If they're not, I'm oblivious to what you can do with it.
>>2251058
Interesting idea anon.
>>2251107
It's extremely easy to be anonymous when spreading rumors and speculation.
>>
> and enough expertise to not get caught

Doubt it. Event if you're good (but you're not since you posted here) you can at very best reduce the risk, but you can't 100% prevent yourself from getting caught.
You'd need someone to trade on your behalf, which could create whole lot of other problems.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.