[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting started in cryptocurrency trading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: wtfisthis.png (647KB, 619x716px) Image search: [Google]
wtfisthis.png
647KB, 619x716px
alright so, im well aware of the cryptocurrency world, but im not exactly sure how i would actually go about joining in

is there some kind of recommended brokerage website? do i have to download a wallet for every type of coin i buy? any websites/info would be greatly appreciated

pic unrelated
>>
We're living in an age where you can literally pick up your smartphone and verbally ask the question "how do I trade crypto currency" and it will search google for you. Instead you chose to ask /biz/

Nice job, idiot.
You deserve what's coming to you.
>>
File: 1495935584514.png (146KB, 671x519px) Image search: [Google]
1495935584514.png
146KB, 671x519px
>>2247981

may i explain to you how to poo in loo after the spoonfeeding, sir?
>>
>>2248171
>>2248106

well considering that google provided absolutely 0 info..

all i asked were two specific question and then an additional question for any extra info that would be useful

1.) a good, recommended brokerage website that you guys have personal experience with
2.) do you have to buy a wallet for every single coin you buy/invest, or does the aforementioned brokerage website handle the holding
3.) any additional info would be greatly appreciated

like holy fuck
>>
>>2247981
Take your soul and put it in a box.

Next, hand it over to the rigged, HFT, and swallow every lie the coin news sites tell you.

Pretend like crypto is going to contain the people you view like cattle.
>>
>>2248210
download* not buy a wallet
>>
>>2248210
I can't tell if I'm having deja vu or if this is some copypaste.

I know almost nothing about crypto since I'm new as shit to it, but:

You use a site like coinbase as a wallet, buying initially from them and go through that site to see what your address would then be for your wallet.

Then you have sites like Poloniex that you can transfer bitcoin into a wallet there to help with trading other odd coins that have more volatile changes to their value.

The value though of a site like coinbase is that you can transfer the bitcoin into US dollars. So i guess you'd do your trading on an exchange like Poloniex then transfer it to coinbase to turn it into cash that would be wired to your bank.
>>
>>2248313
alright, so essentially i would use coinbase for the intial getting of bitcoin, and then i would transfer that bitcoin to poloniex

after dicking around on poloniex, whenever i decide i want to cash out, i would trade the coins into bitcoin and send it back to coinbase, and then cash out?

seems easy enough

and i wouldnt really have to download a wallet for every coin i trade, correct?
>>
>>2248336

I have no idea about downloading a wallet in the sense of it being kept on your computer alone.

It seems like you generally treat wallets a bit like bank accounts, so opening a wallet/account with a site is something you personally are risking with that site/bank.

So yeah when you're wanting to cash out from Poloniex you'd transfer it back to a site like coinbase which features a BTC > USD service.
>>
>>2248359
How much will you lose in transaction fees with the constant transfering?
>>
>>2248367
With Coinbase it seems to be a buck and 1.49% to transfer.

With Poloniex it says "current maker/taker fee is 0.15/0.25%", so quite a bit less it looks like. Which I guess makes it easier to do regular trades on there? I assume 'maker' means the person making the deal versus 'taker' being the person taking the deal, either way it's a much lower fee it looks like.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.