[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long Term Investing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: btc.jpg (48KB, 313x499px) Image search: [Google]
btc.jpg
48KB, 313x499px
I've always been bullish on Bitcoins. I'm not a day trader. I'm wanting to invest for the 5-10 year time frame. I've only had Bitcoins for a couple of years and never a huge amount, but I had faith they would reach $10,000 or more one day. Now, I'm not so sure.

I'm thinking of trading for another coin. The Bitcoin community is completely incompetent. Nobody could agree on how to scale the damn thing and now a UASF is coming which threatens to fork the blockchain. If this happens, Bitcoin will crash. One might argue that one chain will "win out", but if the other chain isn't extremely short lived, then the community will be considered fractured and confidence will be lost. Additionally, even if they do manage to scale it, Bitcoin is looking like a vinyl record. It's old technology. It's not as anonymous as Monero. It doesn't have smart contracts. It's proof of work system has made it so it's no longer decentralized and might as well be called JihanWuCoin. Bitcoin will always have a place in history. It was the original. It kicked off a resolution. It pioneered the blockchain. It's like the Commodore 64, dial-up internet, MySpace; hugely popular at one time, but now obsolete.

My main concern about Ethereum is that the maximum number of ether is not capped and the DAO attack scared me a little. For long term investments, which coin do you see as the future and why?
>>
File: buy ethereum.png (148KB, 312x380px) Image search: [Google]
buy ethereum.png
148KB, 312x380px
Yes, yes goy, throw your bitcoin into some shitcoin because bitcoin is hard to change.
>>
Manage your money yourself, and more quickly. The economic arena is about to get WAY more fast paced as we transition into a cryptocurrency world. My prediction is a solid set of coins with a much stronger value than many others, with their own dedicated communities. Similar to a Corporate vs Small business aspect, but in a decentralized way. Philosophy and likemindedness will hold communities together.

A one-coin-to-rule-them-all scenario is becoming less and less likely and is only being seen as "The way", due to most people existing in a world with a Reserve Currency. If each network builds enough value on their own Blockchains, there is infinite room for competition. If bitcoin isn't made obsolete, it will likely reign as the most valuable coin for its existence. As far as being a network to build stuff on, as OP mentioned there are better options at this point.

A nice little statistic is that whoever puts out the "first" of a new technology usually runs the opportunity of capturing 30% of the market with the early advantage.
>>
File: nocoinerwar.jpg (149KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
nocoinerwar.jpg
149KB, 750x725px
Buy whatever you want, we have all the time in the world

The big boy coin is yet to be adopted, still being accumulated
>>
>the most cryptographically secure computer network in the world by orders of magnitude
>obsolete
>>
eth, etc, ltc, nem, dash, xmr, waves
>>
>>2244980
Diversify, nigga. Hold some of each of the top 10, and you wont lose 100% if one permanently shits the bed.
>>
>>2245035
>A one-coin-to-rule-them-all scenario is becoming less and less likely and is only being seen as "The way"

This. We will never have all eggs in one basket; too much risk if there is a flaw. There will always be hundreds of coins competing, and different ones with pros/cons

In the future, i see tens of trillions of one dollar shitcoins, and ten one-trillion-dollar shitcoins.
>>
Long term quantum computers will be a thing and all your money will be fucked
>>
>>2244980

What people see as a weakness and incompetence in bitcoin is actually its greatest strength. This whole scaling issue proves it is actually very hard to change bitcoin without near-unanimous consent from the entire community, and that nobody really controls bitcoin.
>>
File: wall-street-bull.jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
wall-street-bull.jpg
42KB, 400x300px
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11941758

read what actually technically competent people think of ethereum instead of thirsty pump and dump coinfag college kids.

ethereum is a complete shitcoin. it's only value is in selling it to greater fools.

at it's core, it's a gamble that a smart contract turing complete language has any value at all. the DAO failure proved it's way too difficult to write secure contracts. In many cases it is probably impossible due to the turing completeness of the language. For this reason no real financial company would trust it for actual business.

And what's even more shocking about ethereum is the cryptocurrency was tagged on to the smart contract system as an afterthought to fund the project. JPMorgan et all will learn what they can from ethereum then implement their own smart contracts on their own centralized servers.

but who knows how high it'll go before the truth get's mainstream coverage. I'm guessing if bitcoin is ever actually threatened real developers will start talking shit and people will notice. For now we're just sitting here with our popcorn. billions of dollars of pure nothing lmao.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.