[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hold out for second job offer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1461564657989.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1461564657989.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
My old job is offering to bring me back with a raise of $10,000. But we've discussed me coming back for a while now, and I've had the offer a little over a week.

Another job is going to pay more, but I still have about another week of interviews. I know I'm the #1 candidate, but I could lose out.

I'm not even 100% sure I would take job #2 if offered over job #1. I'm worried job #1 will pull the offer if I don't accept today or tomorrow.

What should I do?
>>
Each is dangerous.

Why wouldn't you take job 2 if offered?
>>
>>2242083
>wagecuck threads
>>
>>2242083
You'll never be free working for someone else
>>
>>2242098

Both jobs are offering compelling things with a couple of warts. Specifically, job #2 is a 30 minute drive away when there isn't traffic, so during rush hour, I'm looking at nearly an hour commute. Plus it requires some sales, which kinda sucks. But money is always alluring, and the company has their shit together.

Job #1 is a comfy 10 minutes away, I already know and enjoy all of my coworkers, but they're still disorganized and I'm worried that it's like going back to an ex. You miss the good things and ignore all the shit that made you crazy.

Both are reputable, large companies, with the same basic benefits and shit.
>>
>>2242127

And you'll never have a restful night of sleep owning your own business. You win some, you lose some.
>>
>>2242159
If you work 260 days of the year, job #1 will take 87 hours of commuting, while job #2 will take 260 hours. How much do you value those 173 hours of difference? I always value this time above everything, which is why I either work from home or not work at all.
>>
>>2242194

I definitely value them. But I guess it's relatively important to note that I'll be out on market visits and stuff like that a fair amount, so it's not hard set that I'll be in the office every day.

But that is a staggering number to look at.
>>
Keep your first job. It's the wiser choice. Some say that it's a bad decision to go back to a company that knows you almost left them but I did it and have done well for myself 3 years later.
>>
>>2242974

Keep in mind I already DID leave them, six months ago. They called me and asked me to come back.
>>
>>2243000
Then go back. Nice people, better commute, no fucking sales. Why would you ever do sales?
>>
>>2242083
Accept the offer, then if job#2 works out hand in your notice to #1. Simple. Unless you are a jew or some other member of an elite group and the message about your infidelity will spread. But if that was the case I doubt you'd be asking for advice on /biz/
>>
>>2243486

Well, it's media sales/account management. The money is insane compared to other opportunities. Plus it's a company that everyone in my industry uses, so I'm not in bad shape.

The sales job is Expedia (selling to hotels, not people), the original gig is Caesars Entertainment.
>>
>>2243574

I'll still have to work with job #1 if I take #2, and these people are my friends, so it's not smart of me to fuck this up. I'm also on thin ice with a very powerful guy in company #1, so if I came back and left, he might be able to keep me from working in this town for a while.
>>
Why did you leave job #1 and when you say "disorganized" do you mean that financially? As in, could collapse in a few years? They could be desperate atm.
>>
>>2242083
Take job one. Quit after 2 weeks if offered job two. Accept generous offer from 1 and shit on them for it.

I see no problem here.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.