[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

update: my friend bought 10 GPUs to mine ETH ; is he screwed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Laughing-Frog-Meme-25.jpg (30KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog-Meme-25.jpg
30KB, 306x306px
2 months ago, i tell two friends about bitcoin and eth.

1 week ago, they hatch a plan together (without me) to use 15,000 (one of them inherited) to get into eth mining

yesterday, they ordered TEN XFX rx570 4gb and FIVE gtx1060 for a grand total of 3000$. They still need to order all of the mobo, cpu, psu, and cases.

Now, me and some other friends are making bets on if they will be successful. The numbers say they will make money as long as they can make running rigs, but what are the odds that they will fail to even make the three rigs run (these guys just plan to figure out the BIOS and such as they go) or that the eth mining game will become unprofitable for some reason in the next 100 days?

honestly, i kinda wanna watch this plan burn
>>
>>2238119
tell them power doesnt matter. suggest they buy the cheapest power available and maybe they will actually diaf
>>
File: 64d5200948db297f8d250de09875f.jpg (246KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
64d5200948db297f8d250de09875f.jpg
246KB, 600x608px
Why waste your time mining ETH if you can just buy or mine DGB ?
>>
>>2238140
these guys have no clue what the hell anything not sold on coinbase is
>>
Your friends sound dumb as fuck, they obviously didn't even check a hashrate/$ chart.
>>
>>2238147
they bought the first GPUs they could b/c most rx5xx's were out of stock so they saw some pop up and pounced
>>
>>2238166
so they're retarded

they would've been better off just dumping that $15k into the coins and hodl
>>
>>2238190
for them yes, but seeing this plan crash and burn is very entertaining
>>
>>2238119
> buying mining equipment at all time highs
>>
>>2238119
>implying building computers isn't just legos
>>
>implying mining isn't money just waiting to be taken
I'm not sure about your friends, but mining is very profitable
>>
>>2238119
there are websites that tell you, given your hash power, what's the most optimal to mine

https://whattomine.com/

don't just limit to BTC/ETH
>>
>>2238875
Only if you live in a 3rd world country where electricity is cheap as fuck and you steal a shipment of gpu's.
>>
>>2238930
life is better, you pay less or no taxes when you cash out, you can even bribe the electric company
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.