[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best investments for people with little money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: merchants2.png (931KB, 1046x727px) Image search: [Google]
merchants2.png
931KB, 1046x727px
I have about $6400 CAD sitting in my savings account, and I am a clueless no coiner / no investor

I am willing to invest about half of it. I feel like Bitcoin and Ethereum are so high, that with the amount I can afford, I will hardly make any money.

What would be a reasonable roadmap / horizon to turn 5k into 100k? Should I invest in some of the cheaper up and coming coins and hope to make it big?

Is there any chance that cryptocurrency could be the next .com bubble burst?
>>
>>2235751
GNT / STRATIS / WAVES / ETC (just don't stay too long invested in this) / ANT
>>
>>2235751
sia, bancor

buy a bunch of eth though
>>
File: 1415859155528.jpg (5KB, 256x192px)
1415859155528.jpg
5KB, 256x192px
>>2235751
>What would be a reasonable roadmap / horizon to turn 5k into 100k?
>reasonable
> turn 5k into 100k
>>
>>2235751

I'll be the first to say it, there is no other coin even remotely poised to make as much gain as DGB is. Not shilling, just stating the obvious. And with the announcements on the horizon, you want to be in before the rest of the banks do.
>>
Why don't you turn that into a down payment on a house. Dont sink it into crypto like all the idiots on this forum.
>>
>>2235770

Is Ethereum really worth buying with how much I can afford? I am sure it will go up, but it is currently at a high, and I could afford like 15 coins with all my money.

>>2235842
Is that really unreasonable with how much some people are making? I am not talking about doing it overnight, but some people seem to be getting much better returns than that
>>
>>2235856
This is a potentially good idea as well, but houses where I live (greater Toronto area) are pretty nutty right now
>>
>>2235890

I would say buy a 5-10 ethereum once it dips again. (It will dip again, everything dips again).

I'd imagine it'll dip to around 150 the next time it does, maybe a bit less.
>>
>>2235751

Buy GNT. It won't make you a crypto millionaire, but it has the best growth potential out of all of them IMO.
>>
>>2235751
CVE : GAME should be able to double or triple your capital by years end
>>
>>2235856
>>2235898

Average house in canada is atleast 1million.

minimum downpayment is 5% which is 50k.

Then at 3% ish rate on a 40 year mortgage his monthly payments will be about 3k. aka his whole life savings barely gets him 2months of payments out of 40years
>>
>>2236103
Toronto is not the centre of Canada. Houses are much cheaper in smaller cities like Ottawa.
>>
>>2236120
vancouver is a much nicer city I agree, average single detached home there is 2.5million.

Ottawa average price is around 450k.

5% minimum deposit is a little south of 25k. 25 year mortgage at 3.5% OP will be paying 2.5k a month. doubt he can afford that
>>
buy jan 19 or jan 20 put options on canadian banks like RBC etc as the housing bubble is going to collapse 2008 style in canada.

Watch out for news on $SDRL, if bankruptcy is avoided in July and they can restructure their debts, share price will go up again big time, even bigger if the oil price happens to go up (which is rather unlikely), but still Seadrill is the biggest offshore drilling company on the planet with the best technology, so the current Stock price of 0,49$ could be a major opportunity.
>>
>>2235751
What game is this
>>
>>2236153
Youre going to lose a fuckton of money retard
>>
>>2236164
my profits have always been bigger than losses
>>
>>2235751

STRATIS very very strong atm, OP.
>>
>>2236153
lol... did you just watch the big short
>>
>>2235751

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, although STRATIS is strong, it will dip, and probably go back up again.
>>
>>2236210
the movie was very good

anyway the similarities are overwhelming

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/17/reuters-america-bmo-bundles-uninsured-canada-mortgages-into-securities-moodys.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/mortgage-rule-crackdown-spurring-move-to-uninsured-lending-imf-warns-1.2988637

http://soberlook.com/2015/02/the-canadian-housing-market-in-charts.html

http://wolfstreet.com/2016/10/18/shadow-banks-no-down-payment-subprime-mortgages-in-canada-house-price-bubble/
>>
>>2236103
I live about 45 minutes out of toronto and paid 250k for a new build last year. GTA is just crazy.
>>
>>2236163
That is Stellaris, pretty fun, I like it

So for an amateur investor, what are some good resources to understanding investing and managing money?
>>
>>2236397
investopedia
read all of it
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.