[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BREAKING NEWS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 1495857530035.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1495857530035.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
Japan to add Bitcoin to 100,000+ stores, including airlines and major retailers.

http://youtu.be/80KDvcv4n64

Im telling you, Asia is big big BIG into crypto

>hurr durr Bitcoins gonna crash any day now guyz, just wait!
>hurr durr crypto is overvalued
>hurr durr muh ponzi scheme!

No Coiners absolutely, unequivocally BTFO
>>
DELET THIS
>>
>>2229422
You're right, but it's not supposed to really function till 2018. Someone else on biz made a comment that it would be hilarious if japan devalued their currency to pay off their debt with play-money and switched entirely to bitcoin. I don't see that happening, but it would be pretty lulzy
>>
File: NoCoiner.jpg (23KB, 601x508px)
NoCoiner.jpg
23KB, 601x508px
He missed the dip AGAIN
>>
>>2229445
Lol thatd be hysterical.

Who knows though man, crazier things have happened. We here in the US have never had to worry about our currency being unstable or having easy access to western economies and markets, so the idea of Bitcoin seems more like a fringe experiment to us than something to be taken seriously, unlike Asian and second world developing countries where they are seriously trying to implement it on a very large, mainstream scale.
>>
>>2229422
Thats good for now but that sets the beginning of the bubble, first Japan and it's popularization there good for us coiners, then another country maybe when it is as this popular in another 4 countries that would be the time to burst the real bubble, not the shakes that we had, but even with that burst crypto will continue as the railroad companies survived in their bubble, same with car companies, dot com and so on.

But for now I really like that this is happening
>>
>>2229445
Fuark. If anything has convinced me to buy it's this.

>be loaded in Japan's currency by doing nothing but browsing the internet

Genuinely the dream of 4chan
>>
>>2229477
It's an interesting trend for sure and I hope it takes off. Obviously I have coins so I'm pretty biased, but looking through google trends shows that there's serious interest for cryptos anyplace there's instability. Last time I checked, the tops were venezuela, ghana, nigeria, south africa, and estonia IIRC. From what I could find every country but estonia had financial or social instability. Estonia is apparently the EU's tech hub so I guess that explains that. A country full of nerds.

>>2229509
I srsly don't see it happening or at least hope not since it means Japan flipping the bird to everyone it owes which would indicate bigger problems globally. But I agree, it would be the ultimate 4chan dream.
>>
>>2229492
If currency is actually being used day in and day out for mainstream, everyday transactions, then its not a bubble like some share in the stock market, its a currency. Thats like saying the Pound Sterling is in a bubble, or that the Euro is in a bubble, or that the Yen is in a bubble. The more people actually use and spend Bitcoin, the more stable it will become, like a real, actual currency.
>>
>>2229545
Exactly.

Now you understand.

Keep in mind though that Asia, especially Japan, China and Korea, have some of the largest stakes in crypto currently. Those third world developing countries will soon follow though, no doubt.
>>
>>2229545
Most Japanese debt is domestic i think, which is why they are still around despite their debt-gdp ratio
>>
File: 1476029911533.png (45KB, 604x469px) Image search: [Google]
1476029911533.png
45KB, 604x469px
>>2229422
Japan truly is our greatest ally
>>
>>2229445
Most of the debt is to themselves in the form of pensions and benefits to older people
>>
>>2229422

so should I sell ETH and buy bitcoin again?
>>
>>2229422
that's a really cute pic

the blockchain barely can support current users. this would mean even more expensive fees and a lot more unconfirmed tx
>>
>>2229674
You are aware Bitcoin is going SegWit via soft fork on August 1st right?
>>
>>2229770
How do you come to that? I've never seen BTC anyways close to unanimous segwit
>>
>>2229959
just wait...
I'm waiting on a few parts to come so I can get a bip148 node running. a lot of other people holding coins are doing the same. it's in our best financial interest to take care of this miner/user bs
>>
>>2229959
just check /r/btc vs /r/bitcoin

it is in no way interest of the miners to get low fees. moreover there are many altcoins offering segwit already. the japanese wont be sucked to use something that doesn't work. they probably jump to ltc, or even more likely deploy their own coin
>>
File: Epilessia.jpg (467KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Epilessia.jpg
467KB, 800x600px
>>2230055
What's segwit.
>>
>>2230092
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=segwit
>>
BTC transaction rate is 4-7 per second...

This "currency" is literally shit tier..

wtf are yall thinking?
>>
>>2230208
Other coins have advantages, like more TX/s
>>
>>2230055
Monacoin
>>
>>2230236
that's fine and dandy, but isn't that a huge problem for BTC?

>what's the solution for paying for goods/services in BTC and having to wait fuck for all for verification?
>>
>>2229422
Saurce OP?
>>
>>2230576
sorry, I'm talking about the pic.
>>
>>2229509
FINALLY I CAN LOSE MY VIRGINITY TO A KAWAII JAPANESSE GIRL
>>
>>2230276
>Eat at restaurant and pay with your Bitcoin card
>Staff has to force you to wait 2 hours till the confirmation goes through

Truly the future.
>>
What altcoins are big in Japan?
Thinking about buying more XRP and XEM
>>
>>2231486
japos are always posting about xrp on twitter. a lot more than westerners.
>>
>>2231486
XEM is going to be massive in Asia. It's basically like the Etheruem of Asia.
>>
File: rock.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
rock.gif
1MB, 200x150px
brb paying 10% extra and waiting 0.5-1h for a transaction to buy shit in a retail store
>>
>>2231583
How do you think it works with fiat? Do you think that every time you swipe your card the money is immediately taken from your account? Seriously the density in this thread is through the roof
>>
>>2232176
Go around and swipe empty card.

mfw they will only notice this tomorrow
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.