[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is BAT a scam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: BAT.jpg (9KB, 162x155px) Image search: [Google]
BAT.jpg
9KB, 162x155px
Is BAT a scam?
>>
File: 1495471405950.jpg (207KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495471405950.jpg
207KB, 1080x1080px
>>
I remember how many people were saying STRATIS was a scam. Talked me out of not buying it even though I really wanted to at the time. Not making that mistake again.
>>
>>2229179
Are you going to trust Brenden Eich, founder of Mozilla, creator of Javascript, or some randoms on fucking 4chan?

Seriously.
>>2229301
x1000. Stratis is fucking huge now. Stop listening to 4chan. BAT is unique and the team is good. Stop fucking around like a pussy trying to find an excuse to not take a risk. Take risks to make fucking money. Stop listening to losers.
>>
The BAT contract address was supposed to be published at 11am EST, it's currently 6:41pm EST and no (official) contract address post yet. Now to the very disturbing thing. It looks as if there is a contract address that has been deployed, and it says that you will receive only 6400 BAT per 1 ETH. This values ETH at only $155. What does this mean?

THIS MEANS YOU WILL LOSE 25% OF ALL YOUR ETH JUST TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ICO (based on the current price which is about 197-198)

EVERYONE PLEASE BE WARY OF THIS

This ICO was very hyped, and I was planning to get in balls deep, but they have been doing nothing but failing time and time again. When asked about the BAT/ETH ratio they said they can't change it due to "lawyers" but in reality an ICO isn't even recognized by the law, therefore it cannot be enforced.
While BAT hasn't come about with an official statement yet, please be aware of this and DO YOUR RESEARCH.

This looks to be confirmed but BAT has yet to release a statement, but like I said, PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND BE WARY
Edit: IT HAS JUST BEEN CONFIRMED
https://basicattentiontoken.org/terms-and-conditions/

By the looks of it, they want to raise 156,250 ETH. But based upon the price of ETH that (increased from 15M) 24M evaluation of ETH puts ETH at 153. But due to ETH being around 198 right now, that would give BAT an over 30M ICO. An extra 6 million dollars. Not only will you be losing 25% of your ETH to get in, but it will be going directly in their pockets.

This is on top of raising the amount of tokens available a 2 weeks ago. Not putting a fucking penny in that shit.
>>
>>2229342

Legitimate shitcoins made by retards have gone 100x.

You don't think an innovative idea by a big name in tech is going to make you any profit?
Even if they are skimming 25%,you're still probably going to clear 1000%+ ROI easy.
>>
>>2229342
interesting, thanks anon
>>
>>2229318
t. Brenden Eich
>>
>>2229342
Fucking kikes. >>2229355 is still probably right though.
>>
>>2229365
lol

just trying to tell OP to not listen to what randoms on 4chan say over these people who you can actually read about.
>>
>>2229396
What do you mean? This is all legit. they raised the ico from 15 cap to 24 then decided on an eth pricing of 155 despite eth having a weekly average of 170+.

This is all despite the fact that the con would get the fair price anyway no matter what eth pricing the would have decided on.
They simply want ot leech more money form early investors.
They were afraid that if they set eth to 190 it would fall and they would gather less money but when the bats hit the exchanges the price would stabilize on the same cap no matter how much eth they decided on during the ICO.

Its fucking bullshit greedy shit. These guys are horrible.
>>
>>2229425
This even after they raised the cap I was going to put in less money but still something. Now they expect me to take a fucking huge percentage loss right off the bat (no pun intended). If you invest in this you are literally giving your money away and you are a fucking cuck.
>>
i was under the impression the eth valuation can still change

and we can still make gains off it. seems like some fud up in here
>>
>>2229553
No, its set. go to their website and read.
>>
>>2229557
you didn't read the announcement or you are lying
>>
>>2229569
what is the announcement?
>>
>>2229179

It's not a scam, but I wouldn't say it is a hit either. People are not going to switch browsers to watch MORE ads.

Plus, they clearly said the ICO is to fund the development of the product. You don't even know when they will have something, it could take them years to build it. Good luck getting your return in less than 5 years.

I'm staying away from it until they have at least an alpha version.
>>
>>2229179
better question: name one crypto that isn't a scam
>>
>>2230341

Dis. It's like Vox, even if you ignore Halsey Minor being a bankrupt crook, the idea of a currency to buy 3d models on your smart phone is retarded, it's literally a niche inside a niche and I laugh at anyone who fell for it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.