[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Lending BTC or other crypto profitable at market interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1485415548405.jpg (5KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
1485415548405.jpg
5KB, 260x194px
is Lending BTC or other crypto profitable at market interest rates on exchanges that offer it?
>>
>>2221449
What do you consider "profitable"? If you're holding long-term and don't plan on looking at charts, sure, it'll generate <1% interest.
>>
>>2221479
Yes but won't that ~1% accrue rapidly?
It's corrected for changes in the market, it seems like everyone would be doing it
>>
>>2221479
I got 1% interest per day with BTC on Polo before. Problem is interest rates only go up when BTC price is likely to go down. Your win is someone's loss.
>>
I have no experience whatsoever in margin trading.

From my perspective it's just not worth the risk of the exchange being hacked and you losing your coins.

For real profits you would have to lend a fairly big amount, which would be gone in case of a hack. Small amounts aren't worth the trouble in my opinion.
>>
that 1% can be over 2days on polo NOT annualy.

+crypto it self goes up in value = double gain.

I do it a lot, since i dont trust myself many times on trading. It's chilly.
>>
File: 1462233529063.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462233529063.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>2221449
Not if exchange goes bust.
The return is literally how the market as a whole perceives the risk free interest rate + time value of not being able to access BTC + probably of exchange getting hacked.
>>
>>2222764
>>2222850
Why so much worry on hacking?
How is my lending at 2 days on Poloniex any different from my coins already being there in the first place?
I'm getting my interest back fairly quick unless there's something here I'm missing.
>>
>>2223491
It isn't any different, having your coins on an exchange is risky though, as you don't actually own the coins because you don't have access to the private keys, poloniex has those. Exchanges have been hacked in the past
>>
>>2223491
if you hold your coins there and they get hacked, your fucked. If they hold your coins though then get hacked im certain that shit could get turned against them somehow in court
>>
>>2223521
Yeah, I really need to get any coin not on coinbase in a wallet, I'm just suspect about myetherwallet. Have to print out backups because I do have a good enough amount.
>>2223560
I've got a few thousand still in lieu from Mt Gox so it doesn't matter unless it's like Gemini or Coinbase.
>>
I would feel more safe lending on bittrex instead of poloniex. What do you think guys ? Bittrex is a responsible company ? im afraid on lending my coins
>>
>>2223782
Bittrex doesn't offer lending AFAIK. Bitfinex does. None of the exchanges are trustworthy, never put 100% in an exchange. You have to factor the risk of the exchange fucking you over when you put money in to lend. The interest rates on most coins aren't worth lending out, just stick to ones with consistently high yields and leave the others in your wallets. If the exchange runs off with your funds before you've made 100% on them you will have lost money.

I split my lending between polo and bitfinex. Interest rates are kind of shit right now and if they don't pick up I'll take most of my funds out.
>>
>>2224096
How much is shit for you ? 20% a year for me its very very very good. But im afraid of polo, bitfinex was hacked before and they gave money back to the hacked clients, right ? Polo we dont have a test
>>
>>2225064
>How much is shit for you ? 20% a year for me its very very very good.
My personal minimum is 15% average (after fees) for long-term lending, and I consider that pretty risky. Think about it this way: if you lend at say 5% it will take 14 years to make your money back in interest. Do you think any exchange is going to keep your money safe even for 4 years? And that's if you leave everything on the exchange to take advantage of compounding.

If you want to play a safer game and pay yourself dividends, that's going to cut into your effective interest rate. So for example, if you send half of your gains into your wallet every quarter that 20% becomes less than 10%.
>>
>>2225243
Yeah, that's the risk management, i don't know, i think i'll buy some altcoins, waves pays dividends ? dividends with nodes ? i wish i could have an supernode on DASH, some people will say PIVX worth it, but i don't, their wallet sucks. BlackCoin sounds cool...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.