[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wallet Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: coin.png (808KB, 1418x851px) Image search: [Google]
coin.png
808KB, 1418x851px
Lads, I decided to heed your advice and move the bulk of my funds out of exchanges and into hard wallets. The problem is that I have over 11 years of syncing to accomplish. Is this normal for someone who downloaded a wallet to have to do?
>pic very related
>>
They didn't mean shitcoins.
>>
>>2219360
>BTC and ETH
>Shitcoin
Bud, I'm asking if it's normal to take potentially days to sync a wallet with the blockchain. Just wondering if I was going to be able to use them anytime soon, since there are several ICOs I want to be a part of, but I need an independent address outside of an exchange.
>>
>>2219370
What ICOs are you looking at, out of curiosity
>>
>>2219370
Redd...

Get electrum and my ether wallet. You don't need the blockchain.
>>
>>2219379
Aeternity, Bancor, and I'd throw a couple bucks into SEC.
>>
>>2219392
myetherwallet is an online platform? Doesn't sound as secure.
>>
>>2219337
I'm in the same boat, I wanted an ethereum node to participate in ico fast because myEtherWallet shit the bed under load.

I think my mist gonna sync for another 24h, it's insane.
>>
>>2219337

OP, follow this guide to boostrap sync RDD; done overnight for me:

https://www.reddcoin.com/how-to-re-sync-blockchain-3x-faster/

> download latest from: https://github.com/reddcoin-project/reddcoin/releases
> close wallet
> extract to your wallet dir
> reopen wallet

Curious, what other security practices are you employing in addition to hard wallet? Am super paranoid about getting hacked; two friends recently got hacked for $1mil+ in btc.
>>
You probably have an HDD instead of an SSD like me.

Shit takes 2-3 days to fully download even when using --fast commands.

But yeah check your clocks, and remember NEVER delete your key storage. If you do, those coins are gone forever.
>>
>>2219541
Not a /g/fag, what's a dir? And I only use this laptop hardwired in my own house, two factor authentication for wallets, regular virus scans, etc. Nothing noteworthy, just a hybrid of common-sense and best practices.
>>
>>2219337
might not be the right place to ask, but i have an ether wallet question

downloaded ether wallet from github, and transferred eth into it. now it's asking for a password i didn't set up

help
>>
>>2219622
directory
>>
>>2219624
You should have been able to skip setting up a password in the menus before launching the actual app. Don't know what to tell you man.
>>
>>2219635
Thanks papi. Doing this now.
>>
>>2219652
i did just that i think, is what scares me

there's no "default" password i can locate
>>
nocoin cuck here

which bitcoin wallet and market exchange do guys recommend for a nigga tryin to invest several thousand?
>>
>>2219930
Bank to Coinbase. Coinbase to Bittrex.
>>
>>2219722
Try empty password, should work if you didn't set up a password.
>>
>>2220010
this
>>
>>2220053
tried empty password "", one space, "password", "admin", everything simple i could think of

i set it up like 2 days ago, and i am like 99% sure i didn't put in any password for it
>>
>>2219414
Everything is generated client side. You can download it on their GitHub and run it offline if you want, you don't have anything to worry about.
>>
>>2219622
how to two factor your wallets ? thats my dream
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.