[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Odds of losing job over "following too close"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: fender-bender.jpg (26KB, 512x289px) Image search: [Google]
fender-bender.jpg
26KB, 512x289px
>tl;dr rear ended someone while delivering for pizza hut what are the odds of losing my job

>deliver for pizza hut
>almost got hired to deliver for panera bread back in jan/feb but got rejected because muh driving record
>got hired for pizza hut with exact same record
>am worried that this incident will push me over the limit even with driving school

In a nutshell the ground was wet from rain, if I went into the other lane there would be a head on collision, if I went right into the ditch my car would be totalled (big ditch) so I slammed on the breaks and was honking the horn for like 4 or 5 seconds before impact, the fucking retard just would NOT turn right already

Virtually 0 damage to his car, mine had way more but it was still just purely aesthetic, both headlights still worked, etc
They just have to call the cops instead of exchange info with me, and towards the end (after cops show up) one even calls an ambulance because muh lower back pain, even though the piece of shit can just casually walk to the ambulance and even the cops are snickering because of how full of shit he is
>>
File: PizzaHut.gif (48KB, 923x945px) Image search: [Google]
PizzaHut.gif
48KB, 923x945px
I called my manager and let him know literally everything because 1) I can't seem like I'm fucking around while on a delivery, and 2) because he will find out eventually and he's a super cool manager so I might as well tell him immediately and myself

Everyone at both stores I work likes me, multiple managers talk good about me, my original one (one that hired me) wants to promote me to team member trainer, another one talked about making me a manager, everyone tells me I'm an extremely fast driver, etc etc
I found out from another manager that the one that hired me and I told about this told her (she was the one on duty at the store I was delivering for tonight) that company policy is to automatically suspend for 2 weeks if a driver is in a crash but yet he made a call and got permission for me to keep delivering the rest of the night (same night of crash) and for me to come into work tomorrow as per the norm with no real end in sight

Apparently he also kept telling her that he would handle it and to keep it quiet
He's gone up to bat for me before like one time some drunk asshole said I tore up his driveway and yard + yelled and cursed at him when in reality I didn't tear up shit even though it was pitch black in the middle of a field (rural delivery sometimes), and he was the one yelling and cursing at me

How fucked am I?
>>
>>2214763
you're not fucked, if you get fired it's a win because it forces you to adapt, and you should get a better job at the end of the road.
>>
youve done everything you can

regardless of the outcome, you could probably get a better job anyway if you have to leave

go learn webdev
>>
It doesn't matter. Eventually we all die.
>>
>>2214769
my plan if i get fired is to apply to papa johns and dominoes as a delivery driver and if both of those reject me because muh driving record then ill apply to privately owned asian joints because they give literally 0 fucks about the law and one time i worked for one for a few days and they payed me under the table in cash from the register

i just really really like this job
>>
>>2214763

Why are you such a shit driver?
>>
5 year delivery driver here, in my experience you will not get fired, the delivery charge is exactly for this situation, insurance Incase the person sues pizza hut, which they aren't going to do, keep your record clean for a while and it'll blow over.
>>
>almost got hired to deliver for panera bread back in jan/feb but got rejected because muh driving record
>tl;dr rear ended someone while delivering for pizza hut what are the odds of losing my job

How about you learn to operate a motor vehicle safely faggot
>>
>>2214792
I'm not, the retard had 5 seconds of me blaring my horn and just would not move
>>2214813
How about you fuck off and stop defending people being oblivious to their surroundings because muh always the fault of the one in the rear clause?

>be me
>be on highway with 16 wheeler
>oh some guy is tail gating me
>slam on breaks
>guys car goes under my giant death truck and gets the top half cut off and he is decapitated
>woops he was following too closely what a shame =)

thats literally how retarded it is
or

>be me
>swerve into someone elses lane on the highway with 0 warning and with them very close to me
>they happen to be glancing away for 1 second because they dont expect this kind of bullshut
>family of 4 inside
>they rear end me as i am going significantly slower than them
>parents become paralyzed and children die
>oh well they were following too closely the person behind is always at fault =)

fuck off
>>
Is delivering pizza really that great? Why not just get a different job
>>
>>2214829
Its literally fucking amazing

>get free soda
>free or 1 dollar pizza depending on manager
>get to make 50-100 dollars a night just in tips
>not counting normal pay
>literally just drive and listen to music
>get to see different sights, pet peoples animals, have conversations
>can stop for a few minutes to grab food or piss or whatever
>am not cooped up in front of a fucking sink for hours on end
>spend most of my time sitting down
>hours literally just fly by

Working in a fast food store is a fucking nightmare, delivering pizzas is life
>>
>delivering pizzas is life

I feel like you are some guerilla marketer, I want some fucking pizza now
>>
If you have the job already, you can typically get into an accident or two before anyone cares. As long as your license isnt suspended, its not a big deal. I literally lost my licence over time and had to get in reinstated in court and still kept my job. Everyone was cool with it.

However never say you rear ended anyone, just say you had to avoid and accident, and it was a compromise, a small fender bender.

Try not to bring in the dudes fake injuries and shit up, or the rear ending. You can say it later, just to a non-driver person,they might not understand.
>>
What is this larp? Who fucking cares it's a minimum wage shit job at pizza hut.
>>
Your story doesn't make any sense. How do you run into a stationary car? How can it even possibly be the other person's fault if they weren't moving? You had to be fucking around not paying attention or going 9000mph if you end up in a situation where you can't do anything but slam into the back of a non-moving object.
>>
>>2214763
Buy a fucking dash camera you retard. It's cheaper than being put at fault because some fucking slimy nigger wants to become a jew all of the sudden. I drive for Pizza Hut in the Atlanta metro in summer (Illinois for school) and these drivers are literally the worst people I've seen in the country
>>
>>2214763
Spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out which coin you're shilling
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.