[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob here. So I've just recently started looking into Bitcoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: wat.jpg (93KB, 1024x444px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
93KB, 1024x444px
Noob here. So I've just recently started looking into Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies and investing a little. I've used BTC for years, but only for purchases on the DNMS. I knew quite a bit about BTC, but haven't really looked into other cryptocurrencies until just recently.

I want to start investing, but I have a few questions. When I first started using BTC, it was the only cryptocurrency. Then I think Litecoin and Dogecoin came out. I don't really remember them taking off and I thought it was just more of a joke, meme thing or something. I just kinda forgot about them for a while and only used BTC for anything.

Recently, I had some BTC on coinbase and noticed I made like $80-100 out of nowhere because the price suddenly spiked. So I started looking more into investing in BTC.

Then I come on /biz/ and there's like a shit ton of cryptocoins. Mooncoin, MusicCoin, Ethereum, Espers, etc etc... I don't get it. Can anyone just make a coin? And then what? It's just shilled on here and other forums until people decide it has value? How are people making money, if the coin they're investing in only goes up like 0.000001 cents or something? Is it dumb to invest in other coins besides BTC?
>>
Invest in a coin that makes you money, then sell it.
>>
>>2214606
Okay so I say I buy mooncoin. I just checked that one and its currently worth 0.000037 cents. So practically nothing. But, if I invest $100 in it, and it's value doubles tomorrow to 0.000074, does my $100 double to $200 or what? I don't get it. Why would anyone waste their time on not even a cent, if that's not how it works.
>>
>>2214619
You're supposed to buy a coin that can get you a short term gain in money. Then sell it if you think it's going to dip.
>>
>>2214619
If you want to get a shit ton of coins investing into the smaller ones are better but you have to do your math in BTC rather than $ MOON is .00000001 SAT

Also there's controversial shit about MOON because of Sell walls at 2 SAT it may be a good one due to the suspicious Buy amounts but just don't throw all your money on it.

tHere's a bunch of alternatives like
DGB
VERGE
DOGE
RDD
if you're looking for large amounts

just be patient with them and don't panic Sell at the first sign of loss

goodluck anon
>>
>>2214637
Okay so what happens to my $100 worth of mooncoin if the value for the coin doubles tomorrow to 0.000074, does my $100 double? I'm just trying to wrap m head around how it works. I've never invested in anything before.
>>
>>2214651
Yes essentially does basically every SAT it goes up it'll double because it's at 1 SAT

so 100$ in BTC is 0.04497
so you must divide 0.04497 by the SAT of MOON which is .00000001 which will get you 4,497,000 MOON so then if it moves to .00000003 SATS you will multiply your MOON to the 3 SATs which will give you the amount of BTC you will receive
>>
>>2214651
.000037 x 2700000 = 100$
.000074 x 2400000 = 200$

Yes, it'll double. But do you really think it'll double? You risk a lot for a that. Could go from 100$ to 50$.
>>
>>2214665
Shiiit duudee. So are there any coins right now that are relatively new and seem like they're gonna take off like that?
>>
>>2214681
>.000074 x 2400000
Meant to say 2700000
>>
>>2214681
Yeah I understand it could go either way, I was just trying to understand exactly how it works. I was thinking you would only be earning cents since the coin wasn't worth anything. Now it makes sense lol.
>>
>>2214683
You can find them here:

https://coinmarketcap.com/
>>
File: 46242643.png (110KB, 263x197px) Image search: [Google]
46242643.png
110KB, 263x197px
holy shit normalfags are going to get FUCKED
>>
>>2214683
it's a gamble

I'm on XVG right now being the chart and volume looks healthy and holding on a support kinda looks like it's creating a pennant pattern
>>
>>2214690
there's nothing more exhilarating than selling a normie a shitload of bags
>>
>>2214690
>>2214716
Chill out. Like I said, I've only ever bought BTC for DNM related shit. I'm not investing in anything until I've learned a lot more. That's why I'm asking questions.
>>
File: monero-infographic.jpg (998KB, 1800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
monero-infographic.jpg
998KB, 1800x3000px
>>2214724
Maybe you've seen Monero on AlphaBay? Basically every single coin besides Bitcoin is just a pump and dump, every coin except Monero.

Bitcoin was built as permissionless internet money. Monero is literally Bitcoin 2.0

Most importantly Monero is fungible and it is fungible because of its privacy.

Bitcoin will inevitably cause major dnm busts in the future. Check out this post from a guy in the know. LE is spending millions de-annonymizing Bitcoin. They are aware of Monero but think it won't get adopted. Fuck them though it will get adopted because people need freedom money.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/5cb74u/blockchain_analysis_and_antimoney_laundering/
>>
I have lots of BTC! Now how do I maintain complete control over a cheap shitcoin's market?! I WANT MONEY! (PUMP... AND... DUMP!!)

Find a relatively new useless low volume clone coin that has a flashy and obscure platform with no direct influence on market price, and a short history of only maintaining a low price. (there are a lot of them. it shouldn't be too hard!)

Ramp up a shilling campaign saying "look how cheap this is! can only go up from here!" etc, etc "the tech is good, the developer has confirmed a major announcement, blah blah blah, platform is new and innovative! HODL THIS COIN IF YOU WANT LAMBOS!"

Maintain heavy buying pressure up to a given point on the chart!

Very gradually ease into your sell orders to create a soft envelope allowing the price to rise from the shilled buyers.

Shill out some "I told you to listen" threads, realistic blockfolio gain screenshots with the shitcoin tucked in there.

The coin will shill itself if you give enough of an illusion of potential success to these retards (they will buy it, and most of them will hold it! they wouldn't want to MISS OUT ON THOSE LAMBOS!!).

Eventually you may lose a degree of control over the market once it reaches a certain volume. In that event, just cancel your buy pressure and immediately DUMP on the remaining orders until the price at above your initial buy. Then watch another pump and dump occur naturally. Shills will automatically continue regardless of how much money the HODLers lost. If you want to continue on that coin, you'll have to put in a lot more effort and closely monitor the chart. Best to just move on to another coin! Leave that slut ravaged and gaping!
>>
>>2214852
Spot on
>>
>>2214852
This is what they did here with mooncoin, and I fell (a little bit only) for it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.