[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here are my general tips to becoming financially set:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2075.jpg (74KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2075.jpg
74KB, 1024x576px
>keep care of your shit (maintenance on vehicles, precautionary measures for everything)
>dont get animals before you're financially well off (they DO cost money/time)
>don't have kids before marriage
>only drink water (black coffee isn't horrible if you make it yourself/get it for free)
>avoid financing depreciating assets (you don't need a brand new Audi, nor does your wife)
>buy, don't rent (if you have to rent, live like a peasant)
>make every purchase with your long term goals in mind
>no fancy vacations until you're rich
>eat at home
>avoid membership/maintenance fees
>
>>
I believe in all of those ideas except pets.

Pets increase happiness and they're not nearly as much money depending on what type you get. A life of complete frugality is boring.

also fuck drumpf and fk white ppl
>>
>>2210882
protip: get a shelter cat, never take it to a vet

you salty nog
>>
>>2210855
>keep care of your shit
replace that with just learn how to repair your own cars, everything you need to know is on the internet and in the owners manual anyway

then when you get some money invest in a garage and charge people out the ass for something thats easy to fix
>>
>>2210882
Yeah but a lot of people make the mistake of getting a dog in college

>40 per month on food (easily)
>15 hours a month spent in care
>10-100 dollars a month in damage/cleaning
>$$ spent in petsitting
>reduced flexibility due to having to be home constantly
>extra liability
>>
>>2210855
Also agree except that tea is probably better than coffee, but it's better to avoid caffeine altogether if you can help it.

What are the best frugal foods? I've been making rice and "stir-fry" dishes every day with tofu and whichever vegetables were on sale for the past couple of months. Thinking of cutting out the rice but I usually still feel hungry without it.
>>
Also buy food in bulk when you can if you have the storage capacity. A good deep freezer can save you money on food
>>
>>2210921
A dog is pretty much only justifiable financially if you use it for working purposes, hunting, puppymilling, or studding.
>>
>>2210921
Entirely speculative and depends on the size of dog, and how shitty a trainer you are. If you're spending $100s of dollars a month in repairs you are a horrible pet owner. Also for my dog I got a $15 giant ass bag of chow that I feed her interspersed with other foods and that lasts 2.5 months on average.
>>
>>2210855
>don't get married
>>
>>2210882
Get a small dog.
>>
>>2210855

get some thick blankets, warm pajamas and socks to keep heating costs low

eat healthy and exercise regularly
>>
>>2211144
No, get 2 budgies/australian parakeets. Most underrated pets

>Easily fits in your poorfag student apartment
>Always quiet at night
>Can live as long as a dog if you research how to look after it properly
>2 birds for about 25USD is pretty standard
>2 companions instead of 1 dog
>these animals are fucking smart like a dog. it does take more time to tame them (few months usually), but they are loyal as fuck, will fly to you whenever you enter the room, and will copy things you say/music you listen to with cute tiny little voices
>about 5USD a week maintenance for the 2 birds if you get the smaller variety... which you should, because they're healthier. your own fruit n veg scraps + some seed and grit. then a couple of dollars out of that put aside each week just in case you need to go see a vet (probably once a year )
>they are very social, like dogs, so you do need to spend time with them... but if you have to ignore them for a few days, at least you won't feel as guilty because they have each other
>>
Trust me, budgies will be a meme bigger than cats by 2020.
>>
>>2210882
Agree.

But meet in the middle and get a plant. A ficus.
Trust me, it's fun.
>>
File: 48.jpg (150KB, 566x849px) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
150KB, 566x849px
>marriage
>kids
>ever
>>
>>2210939
Switch it up with potatoes when you need a change. Twice baked potatoes, mashed potato bowls, potato hash, potato salad, home fries, etc.. Pasta is cheap too, and there's a ton of different combinations.
>>
>>2212504
Good goy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.