[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/PFG/ - Personal Finance General - Flat Earth Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: flat-earth-1.jpg (66KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
flat-earth-1.jpg
66KB, 1200x630px
Welcome to /PFG/. This thread is to discuss all things relating to personal finance, budgeting, career advice, college majors, investments, and other important financial and career decisions.

Here's some questions that might help start some good discussion

>college major
>career plan
>advantages
>disadvantages
>question

Don't feel constrained to any topic, this is just a thread to provide more /biz/ related discussion, rather than just alternative currencies. You can talk about anything from budgeting for a new videogame, to launching a career in real estate.
>>
>>2204272
I am
>studying accounting
>hoping to start my own accounting firm, and then branching out into higher paying fields
>good grades
>essentially broke, so no capital
What business should I start so I can start earning money? I'm thinking I'll have to start as a simple tax office, but maybe something like financial advising will be more profitable? I'm hoping to break into Private Equity at some point, but may end up having to start my own fund.
>>
>>2204416
learn local SEO, take advantage of oldfags cuz mytecnologylolz profit.
>>
>>2204635
Probably a good idea. I'm thinking I should specialize with retirees (in Florida) and maybe kids from the local college. I wasn't planning on getting into public accounting, but if I did taxes/financial planning I'd be king of the retirees.
>>
i did some college but dropped out because repeating math classes sucked. learned that i can get it certifications instead and later found out that the same courses are offered had i stuck with my prereqs but faster pace. university is a joke if youre not becoming a doctor or some profession that people depend on you for.

kinda want to get into crypto trading because its interesting and maybe in a few years firms will be looking for people who know their shit and id be ahead of the curb with this one.

robin hood looks interesting too.
>>
>>2205105
Crypto is still new, so I wouldn't be too confident in it becoming a major market. You should study it, and start developing techniques so that you'll be one of the experts if it does become a major part of the financial sector; however, I wouldn't bet on it.

And it's hard to say whether college is worth it or not. It usually depends on your degree, your university, and how much you're paying. A bachelor's in underwater basket weaving will still be better than no degree at all, but if you're paying off 300K from a no-name school, then it was more of a liability than an asset.
>>
>>2204416
shouldn't you get a job at an accounting firm if you want to get into PE? a PE guy I spoke to started at one of the Big 4
>>
>>2205519
In general it's better to start at an investment bank, and even then PE is super competitive. I might have better luck founding my own firm (would take a lot of capital though) than getting into an existing one. Hopefully It's easier than I thought, but apparently it's next to impossible unless you have an MBA from Harvard, and 5 years at Goldman-Sachs.
>>
>Drafting and design
>Pipeline drafting for refineries
>Nice hours
>Starting 18/hr.
Is there any other skills I should know with this?
>>
>>2205554
hmm good luck with your ventures anon.

Anybody work in finance without an education related to finance/economics? I want to do my undergrad in something interesting like maths or arts, but I'm realising it'll only be fun in the short term. I haven't started undergrad yet, taking a gap year.
>>
>>2205336
i stayed at home and went to a local university. never got to experience the sex or "rockstar college life". sucks that i missed out completely of my 20s.
but since i dropped out and looked into certifications i was thrilled that the classes i took online where the same shit that was being taught at universities. i like how i just didnt need any prereq math classes.
now i feel like ash ketchem with crypto. im looking at shit all the time and its just been a week.
>>
>>2205674
>sucks that i missed out completely of my 20s.
You didn't miss out its a degenerate lifestyle. Some of the people I know that embodied this are now out of shape alcoholics in their 30's.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.