[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student loan bubble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0332.jpg (101KB, 958x573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0332.jpg
101KB, 958x573px
Someone explain how to make money off the student loan debt bubble. Isn't this like the housing mortgage bubble but with less collateral? Can we short it? Or which stocks profit the most (NAVI)?
>>
>>2201137
Interested....

Just made a lot of money on crypto and crypto is over so what's the new 10x leverage thing?

How can we join the boomers to steal from millenials?
>>
>Someone explain how to make money off the student loan debt bubble
Be a college.
>>
>>2201137
buy the dip
>>
>>2201153
This. No one is creating student loan derivatives, so you can't short it like the mortgage crisis.
>>
>>2201137
obtain a student loan and use it to buy bitbeans to sprout making far greater returns than the interest rate

im not a financial planner and this isnt tax advice
>>
>>2201206
Someone owns these loans. Are none of them publicly traded?
>>
>>2201249

Who the fuck would ever touch these loans?
>>
>>2201137
i think the loans are backed by taxpayer money. so nothing will happen
>>
Considering there's like a billion ways for students to weasel out of those debts, it's illegal to force payment in 90% of ways normal debts can be, the ones taking them are mostly people with worthless titles and no financial future, they're EXTREMELY long term and can't be adjusted for inflation...

It'd be the worst investment you could make even if you could make it to begin with.
Even colleges barely manage to turn a profit on them, and the only way they do it is by playing the long game over thousands of people owing interest.
>>
>>2201303
Well someone or company keeps selling the so someone thinks they must be money in it. Also I'm not sure why you are talking about the colleges making money on them. I'm pretty sure colleges aren't in the loan business. I believe most are from federal government or private companies.
You guys need to think harder. When there is a huge billion dollar business waiting to collapse there must be a way to make money off of it. Either support the business before the collapse or short and profit from the collapse.
>>
>>2201735

You're overestimating the gains that are made out of those loans, and how they are gained.
The actuals costs of education are absurdly low, compared to the loans students pay for them.
The entire business is centered around knowing you'll have to turn a profit by only managing to scrounge up 10% or so of the "loan"

I'm not saying there's no money in it, far from it.
I'm just saying it's not a kind of business you can enter unless you have several hundred millions of dollars as a conglomerate, and it's not an hyperbole.
>>
>>2201249
Not the federal ones.
>>
>>2201735
Government backed loans are financed through agency bonds. I indirectly own a minuscule amount of Sallie Mae bonds, i.e. student debt, through some of my bond funds in my Roth account. The return on these bonds are pathetic but they are less risky than corporate bonds due to the government being able to go after the paychecks, property and even social security checks of the borrowers. Private loans are another beast altogether.
>>
>>2201828
Finally some insight. Thank you
>>
>>2201764
I think you are right about the profits. But I think you are conflating two separate businesses. Colleges don't make there money from selling loans. They get paid cash no matter what. They also make s lot of money from research etc.

Sallie Mae is who sold the majority of loans
>>
>>2201206
>No one is creating student loan derivatives

Thank fucking god for that small blessing.
>>
>>2201137
buy swaps?
>not that big enough of an investor
idk go short Sallie mae or something: NASDAQ: SLM
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.