[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crypto FAQ/SQT/General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1996zqrjsmijijpg.jpg (87KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1996zqrjsmijijpg.jpg
87KB, 800x450px
Newbie, salty nocoiner (and aspiring Lambonaire) here with a bunch of serious questions:

(1) Operations: Blockchains are frequently explained as 'distributed ledgers'. With increasing transaction volume, won't these ledgers get increasingly harder to maintain, eventually requiring gigantic storage and entailing excrutiatingly long transaction confirmation times?

(2) Custom Blockchains: Why will organizations in the real world adopt existing blockchains? For example, what exactly stops the banks from getting together and creating their own custom blockchain solution (geared towards the specifics requirements of their own industry) instead of using the Ethereum or Bitcoin blockchains? If they start using their own chain of blocks, what will give the various existing cryptocoins value?

(3) Taxation: You budding cryptomillionaires probably wouldn't prefer to pay taxes on your gains. Currently, cryptocurrency is accepted nearly nowhere, so your only way to realize gains is to convert to fiat, which is when Uncle Taxman comes knocking. These taxes can be as low as nothing to as high as 85% (Scandanavian countries?). Shit, even converting them to physical gold is tracked in many countries. Any thoughts about this? What are your strategies?

PS: Sorry for yet another crypto thread. Maybe we should make this a crypto General/FAQ/SQT thread...
>>
Final bump folks; it seems no one's interested in dropping any knowledge in this here mo'fucker.
>>
>>2197675

> With increasing transaction volume, won't these ledgers get increasingly harder to maintain, eventually requiring gigantic storage

Yes

> entailing excrutiatingly long transaction confirmation times

No, that's not how it works. It depends on the algorithm, but PoW involves performing crypto bruteforcing of the last block, and the current block's hash, until a certain output is found - in BTC it's n number of prefixed 0s. Changing the size of hash algorithms output is the only thing that will affect the time BTC transactions take. That and the predictable reward halving, which increases the number of prefixed 0's by 1.

> Why will organizations in the real world adopt existing blockchains? For example, what exactly stops the banks from getting together and creating their own custom blockchain solution (geared towards the specifics requirements of their own industry) instead of using the Ethereum or Bitcoin blockchains?

They are - it's called the hyperledger. This is what Ripple is targeting - non crypto assets being placed upon a block chain. XRP has nothign to do with Ripple, it's just a token. Ripple can be used without XRP. This is why people laugh at Ripple, it's speculation, and the coin isn't used anywhere. It may just hold value like Bitcoin, or people may realise it's shit and sell.

The whole point of the block chain isn't about coins - it's about shared cryptographic proof. Blockstack for instance uses the shared crypto proof to implement a blockchain for DNS - ensuring DNS cannot be spoofed. Name coin does the same. What we are seeing is decentralisation being accelerated because we now have a technology that can serve as a solid form of shared integrity - free from tampering from 4chan wankers. It means that any technology built on top of a block chain doesnot need a trusted authority - because that authority is the laws of currently understood mathematics.
>>
Taxation: ... Any thoughts about this? What are your strategies?

Pay your taxes. You only pay taxes on gains made. Lost profits are liable for exemption. Else, keep it in crypto until you need it.
>>
Well i guess i just wasted my time. I won't bother next time.
>>
Bump you faggot, read this shit. i spent time baking this thread for you, fuckwit
>>
>>2199850
relax, I've read your shit (not op). Good job. You have my gratitude.
>>
>>2199850
Thanks for the info
>>
Heres what you need to know: Buy BITCOIN.

Everything else is a scam and corporate jews trying to jump on the bandwaggon.
>>
>>2199957
BTC's volume and mining is controlled by the chinks. Don't kid yourself, BTC is THE Scamcoin, invest in something like monero or xrp.
>>
>>2199979
>volume controlled by chinks
This is a meme and false ever since the margin scam on chinese exchanges got removed, it got revealed that chine doesnt control the volume, japan is #1 nowadays

>mining
Irrelevant since we have UASF, which will prove users rule above miners:

www.uasf.co

>xrp

kek
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.