[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much WAVES am I going to need to retire in a few years anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

How much WAVES am I going to need to retire in a few years anon?
>>
File: IMG_0551.jpg (132KB, 999x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0551.jpg
132KB, 999x720px
14 should do it.
>>
Whats the price prediction ?
>>
>>2192345
I don't know, i've got 100, but it feels a little low
>>
File: KanyeWaves2.png (2MB, 1135x2017px) Image search: [Google]
KanyeWaves2.png
2MB, 1135x2017px
>>2192345
Just one should do it
>>
what's the deal with 'tokens' on waves client? are they supposed to be like trading cards or actually used for something?
>>
>>2192511
tokens = coins
that's the same thing like golem, augur, dgd, gnosis, ... but on waves blockchain instead of ethereum. It's very easy to create, even your mum can do it.
>>
>>2192511
They have to be backed by legit projects to be worth anything. So if you just made a random token "Johnny token" it's worth nothing. If you actually pick waves as a currency for a startup and make "wavetoken" and host a crypto sidechain or an ico for a profit-sharing startup project, then the tokens become much more valuable.
>>
>>2193858
That being said, pointless yet popular coins are worth something. People are willing to actually pay for /biz/bucks and /biz/coins so they have started to even command some value on the exchange.
>>
I got free Riptobux airdropped into my Waves wallet today. At least $15 worth.
>>
>>2193879
Still waiting for my 1 btc per /biz/coin sell order to go through. Someday.
>>
>>2193995

I think even 1 WAVES per /biz/coin would be pushing it.
>>
>>2194010
I think when they were being issued, it was 10,000 biz bucks for rolling singles and 20,000 for dubs and so on.
TFW I rolled quads on the thread after the tokens were issued.
>>
>>2192345
Just buy what you can afford to. Don't overextend yourself. The gains will be substantial enough.
>>
>>2194626
This, or better yet research newer coins with strong value and fundamentals, then stack up for the long haul.
>>
Waves bouncing back nicely at the moment. Touched $3 again!
>>
>>2194812
Waves barely moved when everything just fucking drop, even bitcoin...
>>
Which one is the best pool to lease your Waves too? I can't seem to find any good comparison online. What pool are you guys using?
>>
>>2195591
http://dev.pywaves.org/lpos/
Fountain Perpetua is the biggest node that gives you 100% of your rewards.
>>
>>2195591
There's a list of waves ppol on their community wabsite wavescommunity.com
>>
>>2195705
Thanks anon
>>
>>2195619

Waves is becoming too centralized. The three largest pools have way more than 51% of the mining power. What surprises me even more is that there's very little discussion of this issue.
>>
>>2195725
I don't think anyone's worried since trust in the governance of the project is really high, fixing this would be as simple as adding a limit to pool size
>>
>>2195725
>>2195762
What if someone made a 'mining pool' of fullnodes with a sort of multicast loadbalancing address that people can lease to, which then leases to a random node in the pool?
>>
>>2195776
I guess it would be better if the waves wallet/protocol had an option to distribute your lease funds equally to all the nodes on the network, as long as they all paid 100% of your rewards. But there will always be nodes who one up the standard so they can get more money to fund their faucets and generate ad revenue. So the loan-to-individual-node system would have to be gotten rid of and entirely replaced with the distributed egalitarian one.
>>
>>2195762

It's still a problem though. The word "trust" does not belong in any discussion of concurrency.
>>
>>2195776

Simplest thing to do would be to modify the protocol so that any node that mines more than 5% of the blocks is capped to no more than 5% of the rewards generated. The problem would then take care of itself as people would leave the larger pools for smaller ones.

Of course then you run into another problem. The Waves network doesn't generate enough in fees to cover server and administration costs for a large number of pools. That's one of the disadvantages of having zero block rewards for mining.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.